PDA

View Full Version : Hello

pfft
13-10-2013, 2:02pm
Hello

Absolute dlsr newbie here :)

No Camera to speak of as yet, trying to come to grips with all thats available hoping to buy a camera shortly, very interested in low light,night shooting, long exposures and landscapes at present, have tried some macro work with my compact digital Fuji, which I have used for pics of my handmade glass beads and silverwork which is my other hobby. Only moved to Tasmania recently and have just realised that we can see Aurora Australis and that is also an ambition to be able to take pics of that at some stage.

Any advice on set ups and pros and cons of buying second hand equipment would be greatly appreciated, nearly made an impulse buy on ebay today but decided to gather more information first :)

Cheers
Steph

Mary Anne
13-10-2013, 2:19pm
Hello Steph :action66: and Welcome to AP..
Its a big decision buying that first DSLR camera, new or second hand best to go into a camera shop and see how they feel in your hands first.
Start a post in Camera/Lens /Gear Talk you could also ask about the one on ebay you were interested in.

ricktas
13-10-2013, 2:47pm
Welcome to AP. Pull up a chair, join in and you will soon be learning..then to just get that gear and practice practice practice.

pfft
13-10-2013, 3:10pm
Thank you Mary Anne and Rick, will do that :)

Wayne63
13-10-2013, 7:53pm
Welcome to AP Steph, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

rwg717
13-10-2013, 10:03pm
Hi Steph, nice to have you along and enjoy your stay:D
Richard

Kym
13-10-2013, 10:09pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Check the New to Photography (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Books:New_To_Photography_Book) book and equipment guide before purchasing - lots of good advice.

pfft
13-10-2013, 10:23pm
Thanks for your welcomes, I have been tooling around looking looking looking quite overwhelming!

Mark L
13-10-2013, 11:09pm
G'day Steph, it does take a little time to get your head around everything here, so just take a little time.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and wait for some answers.
In the end you'll find it best to just go and steal all of Ricks cameras. But we can't advise you on how to do that, 'cause it's illegal. :lol2: