PDA

View Full Version : Neck strap with quick extra length adj for old eyes

Vector
13-10-2013, 10:01am
HI Guys,
Wondering if anyone has solved this one. Being of an age where the eyes are not what they used to be, I find focusing on the lcd screen a little tricky (when in post view, did I get the shot review).

With my current standard Nikon neck strap I am at full length and cant quite get it far enough away from my eyes to focus. Yes I could/should be wearing my rading glasses but this is a real pain and must be removed when taking the shot(veiwfinder mode) and just plain impractical.

I need about another 50mm length but a longer strap is not the answer its already swinging about too much when walking.

I wondered if there was a strap on the market that had say a loop of extra length that quickly unfastened to give me the extra distance but then"hooked" back up in "dangle from neck mode" real quick.

I once recall a bass guitar strap that was semi elastic and you could stretch away from you but would zap/ retract back up into the right position for playing. This would be perfect its just a matter of getting the elastic strong enough to hold the weight and stretchy enough to give the distance.

ricktas
13-10-2013, 10:16am
get a neck strap for your reading glasses instead!