PDA

View Full Version : Hi

k8ez
12-10-2013, 10:21am
Hello to everyone. A quick run down I guess.
I started in Darkrooms as a printer a long time ago, moved into photojournalism for quite a long time, then into Imaging ( basically colour management ). My first camera was a pentax MX and an RB6x7. My favourite camera was the nikon FM2, and mostly due to work I've used nikon cameras ever since. I've worked through the transition from film to digital. Right now I build websites and am moving back into photography. Buying cameras with my own money is way harder than using a companies budget , especially when I am used to the D3.
I miss a lot the early days of the darkrooms where photogs talked about pics and processes and all things photography, which is why I joined this site, to get some of that chit chat back.
I have now a D800 and a couple of fine fx lens and assorted stuff. The only thing I have kept from ' the old days ' is my light meter - I have a feeling they are not used much these days but I still use this one.
Sorry this is so long. I'll try and contribute where I can . Cheers all,
Kate

Mary Anne
12-10-2013, 12:33pm
Hello Kate :action66: and Welcome to AP.. That's very interesting.. And I will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums

Kym
12-10-2013, 1:47pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

ricktas
12-10-2013, 2:37pm
Welcome Kate. Pull up a chair and join right in

Wayne63
13-10-2013, 7:51pm
Welcome to AP Kate, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

Mark L
13-10-2013, 10:46pm
G'day and welcome k8.
Don't be afraid to start discussions you want or think we need.;)