PDA

View Full Version : Hey There!

williamfinn
09-10-2013, 9:23pm
Hey,
I'm William and I'm a beginner photographer who's super keen to learn heaps from you guys with heaps more experience then me! I currently have a Canon 600D with the default 18-55mm lens, however at the moment I'm trying to work out which are the two next lenses I should buy, right now I'm looking at the EF 50mm f/1.8 II, from what I've heard it's a superb lens, which is amazing for its retail price of $99. Apart from a second lens, I'm traveling around France, England and Spain for quite some time in a few months and am wondering what camera gear is best for travel photography as well as some great photography opportunities throughout France, England and Spain.

Thanks Heaps,
William

ricktas
10-10-2013, 6:10am
Welcome to AP.

I would say your lenses need to suit what you want to photograph. So go to the gear forums and start a new thread about what you want, but tell us what you like to shoot and then we can assist with lenses for that. If while traveling, landscapes are your thing, or candid people photography, ten the lens you need will differ for each.

See you on the forums

Mary Anne
10-10-2013, 10:06am
Hello William and Welcome to AP.. Start posting your images on the Forums that the best way to learn
And a good idea to start a post about what gear to take I took lenses OS for what I was interested in mainly wildlife.
Though made sure I had a walk around zoom lens as well for the land/seascape and the memories.

Mark L
10-10-2013, 9:54pm
Welcome aboard William.
A lot of members don't look at these intro threads ,so as Rick Mentioned about gear, start a thread here ..... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?32-Camera-Lens-Gear-Talk
Enjoy your holiday.

Kym
10-10-2013, 9:57pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Wayne63
11-10-2013, 9:38am
Welcome to AP William, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums