PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys..

avi
30-09-2013, 11:30am
My first post and my first DSLR here coming in few days.
got myself Nikon D3200 + 18-55 and 55-250VR lens combo.
packaged with 64GB card and spare battery. now need help from you guys on next purchase :)

like DCR 150 or 250 as i love Macro photography but would go with this first.

I @ M
30-09-2013, 11:37am
Welcome to AP, pull up a chair and join in.

Mary Anne
30-09-2013, 12:09pm
Hello Avi and Welcome to AP.. Nice gear you have purchased..Will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums when you get it..

unistudent1962
30-09-2013, 3:22pm
Welcome to AP.
Don't even think about buying any more gear until you've got your hands on your new camera and familiarised yourself with it.
Have fun!

Kym
30-09-2013, 4:23pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

avi
30-09-2013, 4:42pm
thank you guys. i will need lot of help from you guys to learn about photography.
i like close shots - macro photography, nature photos, landscape and i am crazy for night photography.
once i get little hands on with DSLR, my first major expectations from that device - Moon shots :)
i want to capture moon - full moon with all possible details. i am gonna buy Tripod in coming weeks.

ricktas
30-09-2013, 7:18pm
Welcome. remember the gear is really only a small part of good photography. Over 80% of it is the skill of the photographer, so start learning the terminology, what each camera function/feature does and how they work together. Cause to get great photos means you need to have the knowledge to set the camera to the right settings to do so.

So forget having major expectations for the camera, and start putting some major expectations onto yourself. The camera is quite capable of taking really bad photos, or really good ones. The expectation bit comes from the photographer, not the camera.

Mark L
30-09-2013, 10:43pm
G'day avi.
You've found a good place to share and learn. Don' be afraid to post photos, ask questions and generally get involved. Really the only way to improve.
hope you enjoy your new camera. See you around AP.:th3: