PDA

View Full Version : Introduction Sandy Gray

snadyau
22-09-2013, 12:32am
Just a note to introduce myself. I was lucky enough to earn part of my income from photography and digital imaging over the past 10-15 years by running my own business. McGray P/L (and McGary Images) based in Geelong and surrounds and in Daylesford/ Hepburn Springs Victoria. Having had enough of photography supporting tourism and the local accommodation industry am now able (since retiring) to focus on photographing things that appeal to me - Nature, landscape, performances and environmental portraits

Looking for a place to have serious discussions about photography and what makes a good image with perhaps the chance to share a few images - though competitive photography is not attractive to me.

Sandy

ricktas
22-09-2013, 1:49am
welcome to AP Sandy. based on your photographic background we have upgraded you to advanced level.

Looking forward to seeing some of your photos soon.

ameerat42
22-09-2013, 9:10am
Hi Sandy. Welcome to AP and so would I like to see your stuff.
BTW, is your username really "sn" or was that a typo?
Am.

Mary Anne
22-09-2013, 12:37pm
Hello Sandy and Welcome to AP..
Will look forward to seeing what you post on the forums sounds like you have had plenty of experience and will be able to give advice here also.

Mark L
22-09-2013, 11:30pm
G'day Sandy.
You've found a good place to share, discuss and help others learn.
Hope to run into you around AP.

snadyau
23-09-2013, 12:10am
Hi Mark
Thanks for the welcome
Snadyau - a dyslexic aussie - I always seem to get my fat fingers the wrong way around so figured it was easier to start inverted :) - and on some forums it helps to mention being an aussie. Besides Sandy and sandy were already taken on yahoo and google (believe it or not:confused013)

Sandy

ktoopi
23-09-2013, 7:25am
Hi Sandy Welcome to AP this is a very friendly forum and I think you will find what you are looking for and more! Hope to see you around the forums soon:)

Kym
24-09-2013, 8:51am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mark L
24-09-2013, 9:23pm
Hi Mark
Thanks for the welcome
Snadyau - a dyslexic aussie - I always seem to get my fat fingers the wrong way around so figured it was easier to start inverted :) - ......

So as you get used to us here, we'll be able to say "auSnady, reckon that's a good photo 'cause ......" :)

snadyau
26-09-2013, 10:22am
Thank you everyone for the welcome - have been away for a few day so not been able to contribute much yet - also it seems I accidently messed up my web album address and sent a few folk to a not very nice site - my apologies - mcgray.smugmug.com (http://mcgray.smugmug.com)is where my site really is so please visit and make contact if you feel so inclined. Will post an image in the weekly comp shortly - just as a starter as I dont like comps much. - Sandy