PDA

View Full Version : Help

mfree46
19-09-2013, 5:44pm
I used to have a SLR camera and have used low cost Panasonic digital cameras for some time and now want something with an ability to do more. I do not want a DSLR so I'm leaning more towards bridge cameras and four-thirds types. I am interested in Lumix DMC-FZ200 or FZ70 or similar and am having trouble deciding. Too much choice. I intend to use the camera when travelling and for family shots. I like to take shots of the grandkids who play sport and sing so I want versatility. I am a confident computer and smart phone user and would like wifi capabilities but that's not essential. My budget is up to $1k. Would appreciate your thoughts!

ricktas
19-09-2013, 5:53pm
In the end it is up to you. There are a a myriad of options and it is no different to choosing a car, or a new computer, ultimately you have to make a choice that fits what you want. You need to narrow your choices right down and then perhaps once you have just a couple left to pick from them ask. However, this site is predominately SLR users and you will find they are more recommended cause of that.

You say you want a camera that does more? How so, what more do you want it to do, that your past cameras could not do? Remember that the camera is just a tool, like a pen. It needs someone who knows what they are doing to bring out the best in it. Perhaps the 'more' you are seeking is not so much a camera issue, but moreso that the camera operator needs to learn more. After all I could take a phone camera and get great shots, cause most of the skill in getting good photos is the photographer, not the camera.

So tell us what more you want this new camera to do, that your previous ones couldn't and then maybe we can start offering worthwhile recommendations.

Kym
19-09-2013, 6:37pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

You can get a great DSLR deal for <$1k eg. Pentax K500 + 18-55mm & 50-200mm <$900