PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Longshots (William)

ricktas
17-09-2013, 1:09pm
Congratulations to William (Longshots) ; http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/member.php?4694-Longshots

Who was last night announced as the Australian Commercial Photographer of the Year! Well deserved recognition for all your hard work as a professional photographer over the years, you photowatchdog role and your AIPP involvement as well.

wmphoto
17-09-2013, 2:04pm
Congrats William. Everyone on here (in fact every photographer) should be grateful for the work you do with photowatchdog. :wd::party7:

Shelley
18-09-2013, 12:47am
Congratulations William, well deserved.

Milbs1
18-09-2013, 1:29am
Fantastic result, loved the image set. Congratulations :th3:

Ionica
18-09-2013, 9:26am
Congratulations.:wd:

dbax
18-09-2013, 10:00am
congrats William, well deserved

Mary Anne
18-09-2013, 2:24pm
That's Wonderful.. Well Done and Congratulations on Your Win :2encou:

Mark L
18-09-2013, 10:29pm
In my early days here I learned so much from William's contributions.
From my limited knowledge, any success that comes your way is well deserved.
Thank you and congratulations.

Ms Monny
18-09-2013, 11:41pm
Congratulations!!! Yes, William has been a big help many times.....well deserved with the award. :wd:

yummymummy
20-09-2013, 7:37am
congratulations William!! and thank you for all you do for us with photo watchdog! :) :th3: an award well deserved!

Longshots
20-09-2013, 8:39am
Many thanks for the support.

WOW - Yes, I was very happy to announce that on 16th September, at the AIPP's 50th Birthday celebrations, I was awarded the "2013 Canon AIPP Australian Professional Commercial Photographer of the Year".

I was judged by those I admire and respect, and my competition included friends and many of those I have admired and respected for decades. It's a rare event for me to be speechless, so my acceptance speech in all honesty, sucked. I have received so many messages of congratulations and good will, that I've been blown away by that support.

For me this was especially important, as the images submitted are my day to day images that I regularly shoot and deliver to clients. And more importantly are of buildings, which in all honesty lack the excitement of a stunning building in a foreign location. They're all warehouses, and all are in Brisbane.

Earlier this year I also was awarded the 2013 AIPP Queensland Commercial Photographer of the Year.

A massive thank you to Suze, my partner for her massive support, belief and faith in me; my friends and colleagues, the people I know and are yet to know in the industry. Good friends like Andrew Campbell, who was one of those who offered my good advice 21 years ago, when I arrived in Brisbane from the UK. And of course to my "family" in the AIPP, some who saw at first hand, my jaw hitting the table, and my tears on Monday night. Also to those who make these events work, the massive numbers of dedicated volunteers, the AIPP board (board's past and present).

I was particularly surprised by the reaction to these images as they are reasonably close to what was captured in camera, and while I'm in general, extremely pedantic, and checking and correcting every detail, they are essentially the product that I captured in camera and what was delivered to my commissioning client. This is what I do all of the time. Thanks again for the support :)

Iscariot
20-09-2013, 9:03am
Nicely done.

Mathy
20-09-2013, 8:47pm
Congrats William, well done. I'm also a fan of 'PhotoWatchdog' and 'A Fair go for Photographers' - you work really hard for your industry, cheers Deb

mechawombat
21-09-2013, 6:15pm
Congrats. William. I always thought you were just the watchdog. This is AWESOME.