PDA

View Full Version : Camera strap

LilOakie89
09-09-2013, 6:47pm
had no idea what area this belongs in so my apologizes in advance if its in the wrong section...

but i have no idea where to buy a long camera neck/shoulder strap

im currently using the one that came with my camera and it sits so awkwardly on me.

im looking for one that sits across my body and i cant find them anywhere!

any help/website/stores that stock some would be very helpful and 100 thank you's!

Pixley
09-09-2013, 6:55pm
Google "Rapid Straps". There are also a few other versions of them as well but dont know their names. I have the sport version of the Rapid Strap and find that I can comfortably wear my 70-200 for a good few hours without it feeling too heavy.

LilOakie89
09-09-2013, 7:05pm
Thank you Pixley

ameerat42
09-09-2013, 8:10pm
LilOaks...
Hit the little triangle icon with the enclosed "!" and aske a moderator to shift the thread to
Camera/Lens/Gear forum.
Am.

(PS: Sorry, no idea where.)

ricktas
09-09-2013, 8:13pm
I have moved the thread! :)

I agree Black Rapid straps would be the way to go.

Kieran
09-09-2013, 8:18pm
If you can manage the time try to get to the digital show next weekend in Jeff's shed. Plenty of folks there ready to answer all your questions. Type into google www.thedigitalshow.com.au to see whats on

LilOakie89
09-09-2013, 9:21pm
thank you all :)

- - - Updated - - -

If you can manage the time try to get to the digital show next weekend in Jeff's shed. Plenty of folks there ready to answer all your questions. Type into google www.thedigitalshow.com.au (http://www.thedigitalshow.com.au) to see whats on

How how nifty, i might pop in

rossco
09-09-2013, 9:39pm
another vote for black rapid

LilOakie89
09-09-2013, 10:37pm
well looks like ill be getting a black Rapid... you guys are mega helpful!

- - - Updated - - -

just put in an order for the sport black rapid :)

thnk you once again guys

Gonk0
09-09-2013, 11:45pm
- - - Updated - - -

just put in an order for the sport black rapid :)

You wont be disappointed with your Black Rapid Sport strap when it arrives, I have one and love it.

jim
15-09-2013, 5:01pm
I have an UpStrap, which is reasonably nice and very robust, because it is extremely simple. I'm a bit wary of straps with lots of complicated buckles and things, since my old OpTech strap failed abruptly. It was just a matter of luck that no damage was done to the camera. Admittedly it was very old but it gave no warning at all before snapping.