PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

bennoc
09-09-2013, 5:27pm
Hi guys,

Just joined this forum as I'm keen on getting into photography properly. I bought my first dslr (Nikon D60 twin lens kit) in 2009 and really enjoyed it but then the interest faded after a few months and I didn't really learn much more than pointing and shooting on auto mode. I've had the itch to get back into it again for the past six months but have held off waiting for it to pass but it's only gotten stronger and now I'm insanely keen to get back into it and learn it all properly this time around.

I've ordered a Nikon D7000 body, Tokina 11-16mm f2.8, a Nikon 50mm f1.4g and a Manfrotto Unica VII bag. Still need to decide on a tripod but have no idea what to look for in my budget (up to $150 - $200) and hopefully they'll all arrive later this week or early next week.

Really keen on learning landscape photography in-depth to start with before moving onto other areas, and really interested in getting some lightning photos over the coming storm season in Brisbane/SEQ. I've set one condition on myself and that is that at no point will my camera ever be on auto mode, so I've got to learn how to work it properly and get the most out of my equipment.

If anyone has any suggestions for excellent locations around South East QLD for landscape shots or the best places to wait for storms, I'd love to know!

ricktas
09-09-2013, 7:14pm
Welcome to AP. See you on the forums. Check out the State Based forums and look at what is in there for Queensland and ask in their about locations etc.

ameerat42
09-09-2013, 7:16pm
G'day Bennoc, and how are you going? Welcome aboard. Auto, eh? Now what does that mean, I wonder.
Am.

Wayne63
09-09-2013, 7:17pm
Welcome to AP, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

Kym
12-09-2013, 10:47pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!