PDA

View Full Version : Red Belly Black Snake

Meags
01-09-2013, 7:55pm
Found this fella today while up in the high country. Makes me realise I need to keep my eyes open... and go and buy some kevlar gaiters...:D

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p565/meagsy68/IMG_3607W_zpse047462e.jpg (http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/meagsy68/media/IMG_3607W_zpse047462e.jpg.html)

Cargo
01-09-2013, 8:00pm
Thats good advice to yourself ... How far from him were you ? ..... looks pretty close
Beautiful snake though
Cheers Cargo

geoffsta
01-09-2013, 8:05pm
Days like today would have brought them out. Good to see you didn't do what most of us would have done, and ran the other way..:D

Meags
01-09-2013, 8:29pm
Thats good advice to yourself ... How far from him were you ? ..... looks pretty close
Beautiful snake though
Cheers Cargo

He was a few metres away but I was careful. They are beautiful - from a distance :D.

- - - Updated - - -

Days like today would have brought them out. Good to see you didn't do what most of us would have done, and ran the other way..:D
It was a beautiful warm day today, even up high. I must admit seeing this guy made me stop and think. I'd spent the morning wandering around in long grass and bush looking skyward.

old4570
25-09-2013, 4:53pm
Usually snakes just want to get away from you ...
Your in deep do do if you step on one , or generally aggravate them ..

Looking at the picture , he - she - it is flattening its neck/head , this is a warning to you ! Your too close , and the snake is taking a aggressive posture ...

GBP
25-09-2013, 8:54pm
My dad has a reptile licence so we all have snakes as pets. Last year we looked after a red belly after it had been tangled in garden netting. They are a beautiful snake which I photograph from my dads back,
GBP

Duane Pipe
26-09-2013, 10:46am
Nicely done, I love all types of reptilians. They say the Blacksnake strike is usually bluff but I wouldn't like to push it:D

Where in Gippy are you Meags...

Dave.

martycon
09-10-2013, 12:04am
Beside a river, I had a red belly black pass between my legs, and it was not till I heard a rustle of grass that I saw it. In retrospect, given my view of the snake from above, how did I see its red belly. Marty, and now perplexed.