PDA

View Full Version : some help needed on lightroom 4

rossco
25-08-2013, 5:41pm
i have noticed when using lr and some presets, the basic menu in develop changes from in a list, exp, contrast , h-lights, shadows, whites, blacks to exposure, recovery, fill light, blacks, brightness, contrast. So where does this menu come from, where do i find it, is it from old presets on old versions of lr, and does santa know if we are all really naughty or nice all of the time . Any ideas on the former most appreciated ill work the latter out for myself. Thanks in advance

arthurking83
25-08-2013, 8:05pm
maybe Santa is hiding in your copy of LR4!

He knows .. you should know that .... and know it good.

Maybe post a screen shot of the disappearing menu thingy.

My (limited)understanding of hidden menu items is that you can right click on that clear portion of the window, and choose to enable disable whatever you like in terms of items displayed.

So when the develop panel items on the RHS are missing, do you only see the Histogram and the toolbar below it containing the brush/crop/clone tools?

Hope that helps.

CandidTown
25-08-2013, 8:49pm
It's just a difference between lightroom version 3 and 4. If your preset was saved in Lightroom 3 it will retain the options of LR3. You just need to update it with LR4 options.
This will explain in detail:
http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/import-presets-lightroom-3-lightroom.html

rossco
25-08-2013, 9:55pm
thanks guys, i was thinking it was saved in an earlier light room, Santa is watching