PDA

View Full Version : Android & backup storage devices - help

KevPride
22-08-2013, 11:10pm
Anyone on the forum have any luck using portable storage devices with Android Tablet. I have an Asus TF201 with 4.22 operating system. Looking to use the Asus whilst on holidays to view & backup raw files - not wanting to modify any.

Have searched the Internet and success seems varied.

Any help would be appreciated.

ricktas
23-08-2013, 4:51am
type 'raw files' into your App Store, there are quite a few that assist in both transferring and viewing RAW files on Android tablets. You will need to invest in a cable to do the transfer though. Also depending on your tablet you will probably find even with say 64 gb of memory you will fill the tablet up very fast.. Just something to think about.

Gonk0
23-08-2013, 10:29am
I have an ASUS Transformer Tablet, and use it when I go away to backup my photos that i take.

I use Photo review Lite to view the RAW files(.CR2), and my tablet has a SD card slot that I can use to get the photos form the camera to the Tablet.

Once the photos are on the Tablet, I then copy all the RAW files onto a portable external HDD via the USB port I have on the Tablet.

I like to do this just in case something should happen to my Tablet.

KevPride
23-08-2013, 3:51pm
Thanks Gonko - that is exactly what I want to do, what brand/ model of external HDD are you using.

Gonk0
24-08-2013, 10:52am
Thanks Gonko - that is exactly what I want to do, what brand/ model of external HDD are you using.

I have two that I can use and both are Western Digital. One is a 750Gb and the other is a 2 Terabyte drive.