PDA

View Full Version : old film cameras

AMS
19-08-2013, 9:28am
Hi guys,
i picked up a deal the other day,a 35 -105 canon lens of a eos 1000fn camera, & it come with several old film cameras. with as a part of the deal,that i have to take the lot.

a ricoh xr1s with a 50mm lens, Olympus om10 with a 200mm zoom,canon eos1000fn.a polarod,and a kodakvr 35.

Question is ; know what do i do with them as i will never use them.

take them to the pawn shop or ??

many thanks in advance.

bears pics

jjphoto
19-08-2013, 9:39am
Look at completed listings on ebay to see what they are selling for and then decide if it is worth listing them.

kaiser
19-08-2013, 9:44am
There are still people interested in shooting film. You could ebay them, donate them to keen photographers or family/friends that may have an interest in trying film photography without investing too much into the gear. I'm not familiar with the other models, the Olympus OM system however was/is a very fine SLR system with many breakthrough technologies. The OM10 was the lowest grade/amateur model and not as well built as the OM1/2/3/4 series.

Call me nostalgic- but I love my film cameras and will never get rid of mine :-)

ROA44
19-08-2013, 10:02am
In a not so dissimilar position myself as I have inherited a box camera, voytlandre I think, Dads old Cannon SLR.
plus a couple of others that aren't worth anything so will probably just arrange them on a shelf in the office as an incidental (dust collector) collection much to the annoyance of my wife otherwise they would go in the bin.

So like a lot of things today in a throw away society and technology changes it does become a sad problem when the goods are still in good working condition there are so many of the same thing around and no body wants them. At this point in my life I really need to de-clutter so understand your predicament. so mine will go on the shelf and I will just not allow myself to take in anything else as I don't want to start collections of stuff that becomes a burden to the rest of my family.

dutch2
01-10-2013, 3:30pm
I was given a Nikon F2 for my 21st birthday and used it all the time, until it was stolen.:(
It was replaced with an FG, which also got lots of use. I still have it but don't use it a lot.
Most of my photos now are with the D5100, but I don't want to sell or give away my old film camera.

nc1183
11-10-2013, 3:52pm
What did you end up doing with the camera's and stuff you didn't want

richardb
13-10-2013, 1:32am
There is a market for cam collectors. Check out eBay . I've a collection of Nikon F's, for example.:lol: