PDA

View Full Version : Are Canon users the smartest ever?

bricat
16-08-2013, 8:04am
Well they must be. I have learnt a lot since joining this site with the majority of information coming from reading Q&A here on the Canon page. Well... of late there seems to be a lack of questions. Most threads are 40,50,60 days old. The Q&A have been answered well leaving everyone who reads these much more informed.
And I know I don't ask a lot of questions myself but I have not had time to scratch myself since retiring 2 years ago, renovating 4 places since then. I am off O/S next week for a holiday where I will be taking thousands of shots. I expect I will need to be asking some questions myself then. Anyways just my thoughts....cheers Brian
PS Bring on the questions as we all learn

ricktas
16-08-2013, 8:36am
Thanks Brian, I think your statement is more about the quality of knowledge the site members have and their willingness to freely pass that information onto others. The site has been around for long enough now that as you say, a lot of questions have been asked so there is a good repository of existing information to be had on AP.

Looking forward to the trip photos and questions from you soon.

mudman
16-08-2013, 11:11am
only after they switch to pentax:D

Mark L
17-08-2013, 11:03pm
Well they must be. I have learnt a lot since joining this site with the majority of information coming from reading Q&A here on the Canon page. Well... of late there seems to be a lack of questions. Most threads are 40,50,60 days old. The Q&A have been answered well leaving everyone who reads these much more informed.

And instead of asking questions (and showing off their knowledge of equipment) they're happy with the cameras and out there taking photos.:D:confused013

- - - Updated - - -

Just did a quick check on those talking about Nikon. Seems they're busy taking photos also.

bricat
19-08-2013, 9:55am
I guess I was just saying how the questions had seemed to dry up of late. I look forward to this section as the questions asked are maybe something that I had not thought of and thus increasing my knowledge of camera gear. It has been very very informative. cheers Brian

Arg
19-08-2013, 12:47pm
Well someone has to be, it might as well be us! At least until I change brands :lol:

bricat
20-08-2013, 7:20am
It must be that we are all clever little dicks......even some of the nikonites....ok pentaxians and anyone I've missed:)

ameerat42
20-08-2013, 4:03pm
Going OS, eh? Well, I'm coming back from there.

Here's some free advice...
I have been taking so many pictures. It's somewhat a case of "get it while you can", so not all are for presentation. But I'm glad to say that many of the shots are (somewhat) thought out.

No matter what, your estimate of 1000s is just what I've been doing. And being large raw files, my initial 2 x 32 GB USB sticks idea went west. I first bought a 500GB external HDD (a Toshiba Canvio) and a week after that got a WD 1TB ext HDD plus a 16GB Sandisk 60MB/Sec CF card.

The 1st cost $62 CAN and the next lot cost $153 CAN. NB, these are small USB powered HDDs and USB3 capable (though I only have USB2).

I got the 2nd as a backup for the 1st.

Now, go and enjoy. - I have been.

(And not a mention of the brand you said.)
Am.

Mark L
20-08-2013, 11:49pm
^ welcome back to OZ Am. You can use my Canon any time.

acko
23-08-2013, 12:00pm
Well I have used Canon stuff for years - I just happen to like it and problems have been non existent.
All forums go through times when things slow down, but then something will happen to stir up interesst and away we go again.

Granville
23-08-2013, 12:48pm
I've wanted to read this thread for a while, but being a Nikon user, every time I clicked this forum my PC blue screened. :lol:

hus
23-08-2013, 5:08pm
I've wanted to read this thread for a while, but being a Nikon user, every time I clicked this forum my PC blue screened. :lol:

Didn't know Nikon was into PC manufacturing as well, cause that would have explained the blue screen of death. :rolleyes:

Granville
23-08-2013, 5:35pm
No I think it was a breakdown between the gamma particles and the flux capacitor. The Canon forum just seemed to sense the mismatch.

bricat
25-08-2013, 5:42pm
Thanks Am I. Am in Canada at the moment so will go and buy another card
I am using an IPod and th screen keeps disappearing when I type a reply Have taken 1000 photo,s in 4 days so better get more cf cards. Cheers for. Now

ameerat42
25-08-2013, 5:49pm
Bricat.
The best prices for CF cards are (or at least were) here in Oz. But in Can, the best deal was from a crowd called Memory Express.
There a 16GB CF card cost me about $55Can. That's 16GB. Elsewhere, that was the price of an 8GB. I'm talking about the Sandisk 60MB/sec card.
Good luck.
Am.

bricat
02-09-2013, 8:59am
I think I have been duped on a 32gig card I bought as it filled up too quickly. Anyway I bought another card and 1 tbyte portable h/disc only to find the iPad/pod does not have a USB outlet. I bought an addon device but it did not work. I should have taken my own computer. I know "her indoors" knows little about computers. I spent a while editing so gained a bit more space. Back to the grinding of travel around the beautiful Rockies(in Jasper)