PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

Gribbles
11-08-2013, 10:39pm
Hi,
I'd certainly classify myself as a beginner in photography, so I'm looking to learn, hence the reason to join this forum (along with watching some photography videos etc)

I've pretty much only used point and shoots. Two weeks ago I purchased a Canon EOS 60D with the 18-55 kit lens. I've also purchased (and returned awaiting a DOA repair from shipping damage) an 18-200 IS, and may also get the 1.8 50mm.

This was all prompted by an overseas trip coming up, along with wanting to be able to take better pictures for memories and what not. I thought the 18-200mm may be a somewhat versatile lens to travel with.

Anyway, I guess I'm starting my journey.

ricktas
12-08-2013, 5:55am
Welcome, See you on the forums

Kym
12-08-2013, 9:30am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Wayne63
12-08-2013, 9:33am
Welcome to AP, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

Mary Anne
12-08-2013, 1:38pm
Hello and Welcome to AP.. And congrats on the new gear you will love it..
Going OS soon are you then get that camera working and start posting on the Forums so you can get lots of advice.
I found I needed to know a lot more than I did when I went OS a few years back even being a Member here for 4½ months at the time I did not know enough.
Made the mistake of shooting in jpeg and could not fix a lot of them up when I returned home.. Shooting RAW has made it easier to do pp on the images since.

Mark L
12-08-2013, 8:25pm
G'day Gribbles.
You've found a good place to learn. Sharing a few photos that you need help with will help you learn faster. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you need answers.

Gribbles
13-08-2013, 12:12am
Thanks for the welcome, and the tip to shoot RAW.

I'll be sure to do that and also get some 32GB memory cards :)

I think I'll start going through the New to Photography book.