PDA

View Full Version : I did it...!

coolhand78
05-08-2013, 2:23pm
yep just bought my D7100 withNikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR & Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G DX
should be here by friday...! my first proper camera...! also got a billingham hadley bag...

manohartvs
05-08-2013, 2:25pm
I bet and hope that the honeymoon period never ends.
It hasn't in my case since I bought my D7000 :)

MattNQ
10-08-2013, 9:08am
Congrats. A very fine choice indeed for a first proper camera.
Take the time to read the manual & get to know it back to front & it will serve you well.

WhoDo
10-08-2013, 10:21am
Congrats, Luke. I'm still pushing my D7000 really hard so I know your D7100 will stand up for some time to come. :cool:

coolhand78
11-08-2013, 7:38am
Thanks guys!

I've been reading the manual but I didn't get a hard copy so I've just got the PDF on iBooks on my phone... Which isn't easy reading.... Do u know if u can get a hard copy somewhere?

I'll have to admit that the camera is quite daunting with all the settings etc, I'm working my way through it though. All the different focus types, metering, buttons, there really is quite a lot going on on this camera...

I was really hoping to have a day today to go out and take some photos but I doubt I'll get the time today, maybe dusk this afternoon? See how I go...

WhoDo
11-08-2013, 9:38am
I've been reading the manual but I didn't get a hard copy so I've just got the PDF on iBooks on my phone... Which isn't easy reading.... Do u know if u can get a hard copy somewhere?

I'll have to admit that the camera is quite daunting with all the settings etc, I'm working my way through it though. All the different focus types, metering, buttons, there really is quite a lot going on on this camera...

There is a iPhone app from Nikon called Learn & Explore, and Nikon D7000 Toolkit for Dummies, both of which may prove useful for you ... especially the latter which breaks the information down into useful bites. Not sure if there are D7100 versions available yet.

Also, go to the Nikon Digitutor site (http://www.nikondigitutor.com/index_eng.html) and you'll find an online tutorial for the D7100 as well. It may be too basic for your needs, or you may find it gives you enough to start enjoying the camera while you learn the rest. I hope that helps.

coolhand78
11-08-2013, 1:31pm
There is a iPhone app from Nikon called Learn & Explore, and Nikon D7000 Toolkit for Dummies, both of which may prove useful for you ... especially the latter which breaks the information down into useful bites. Not sure if there are D7100 versions available yet.

Also, go to the Nikon Digitutor site (http://www.nikondigitutor.com/index_eng.html) and you'll find an online tutorial for the D7100 as well. It may be too basic for your needs, or you may find it gives you enough to start enjoying the camera while you learn the rest. I hope that helps.

Thanks mate,

I've got the Nikon learn & explore ap, I've checked out the digititor too, I'm guessing a lot of it will come down to practice and trying stuff when I'm out taking photos...

I'd really like to get a hard copy of the manual though.

I'll have to check out the toolkit though! Thanks for the tip!!!

J.davis
11-08-2013, 8:17pm
Try this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Nikon-D7100-Digital-Camera-Instruction-manual-Book-English-/181174544557?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a2ed828ad