PDA

View Full Version : Wearing eye glasses and using a camera

Jad
29-07-2013, 6:52am
I have started wearing eye glasses and I am having problems using them while photographing. I have lost or broke two pairs of glasses already by constantly taking them off to look through the view finder. If you have my problem, how do you deal with it in the easiest way? I have seen ads for the Hoodman flip up eyeglasses for photographers, but have never seen a pair. They are expensive. Has anyone used these and can you give me your opinion of the quality and the ease of use. Thanks, John

ricktas
29-07-2013, 6:57am
depending on your camera, you could use live view. I wear contacts most of the time, but when I do wear glasses I don't take them off to look through the viewfinder. I find I don't need to put my eye right up to the viewfinder to see through it.

ameerat42
29-07-2013, 3:12pm
Jad. OK, so how have you gone with just the dioptre/diopter adjustment on your camera?
When I had to wear glasses for distance - film camera days - I just turned up the dioptre adjustment on the camera
to suit my vision. Now, when checking Live View/Playback/camera settings, I have to use my reading glasses.
(No, I no longer need distance glasses, hooray!)

BTW, I was wondering which "Charlotte" of the 5 or so in the US you hailed from. But then from your way of life it could be any one of them
from time to time:rolleyes:?
Am.

sunny6teen
01-08-2013, 12:20am
not sure what the problem is exactly. why are you removing your glasses?
is it just a dioptric adjustment as previously mentioned?

Dazz1
01-08-2013, 7:49am
I have started wearing eye glasses and I am having problems using them while photographing. I have lost or broke two pairs of glasses already by constantly taking them off to look through the view finder. If you have my problem, how do you deal with it in the easiest way?

I wear a pair of 'narrow' glasses - i.e. height of the lens is about half normal (usually have a choice a few styles when choosing the frames). I place them a bit further down my nose, and I can look through the viewfinder easily over the top of them, but when I look down, through the glasses, I can read the settings on the camera and see the display to view the shot I have just taken.