PDA

View Full Version : G'day from Sydney, Northern Beaches.

Shazbanger
09-07-2013, 11:32am
Hey guys and girls,

My names Shannon (prefer Shaz), and hail from the Northern Beaches of Sydney. I've joined up with hopes to learn a fair bit more about my camera, post editing, and get some ideas from other users.

Whilst I completely understand this is a photography based forum, I predominately have an interest in videography, however, due to the lack of Australian based videography-specific forums, I've decided to join up on here as I noticed there is some video based sub-forums. My fiancé is an amateur pet photographer, and I'll be getting her to join up on here as well!

Anyway, about myself. I'm 25, and about 6 months in to learning all there is about videography. I mainly shoot car club events at the moment, but looking to branch out into different areas, and get some more widespread exposure (hehe) to different subjects. My business name is Differential Studios.

Gear wise, I currently run a Canon 7D as my main camera, with a backup of a Canon 600D. The 7D is my weapon of choice for video, mainly as it shoots in 720p @ 60fps, which I prefer to use in post-production. Unfortunately, the 600D doesn't shoot in that, however, I'm going to look at upgrading the 600D to a 70D once they become available. As a list, I cyurrently have;

- Canon 7D
- Canon 600D
- GoPro Hero 3 Black (On order, waiting for delivery)
- Glidecam HD2000
- Weifeng FT-717 fluid video tripod (What a great, cheap unit that is!)
- 18-200mm EF-S 3.5-5.6 IS
- Canon 40mm 1.8
- Canon 50mm 1.8

In any case, looking forward to contributing to the forum, and the ongoing learning that comes along with it! Happy to share the videos I've done so far if people are interested (Note: They mainly are automotive based at this stage though!)

Cheers,
Shaz

ricktas
09-07-2013, 12:17pm
Welcome to AP, yes we have a video forum, though it doesnt get a lot of use as our primary focus on the site is still photography. So join in, and perhaps slowly we will see more people using the video forum. Please read the conditions at the top of the video forum re use of music etc, as we only allow content that you have copyright to, or have paid relevant licencing fees for music etc for. Something that a lot of people seem to forget about.

See you on the forums

Shazbanger
09-07-2013, 12:50pm
Thanks mate.

Noted about the music; I generally try and use stuff from *removed : see the site rules (rule 3) *. Its a great place to source royalty free production music for video. Not licensed, and legally usable for any productions.

Cheers,
Shaz

ktoopi
09-07-2013, 1:04pm
Hi Shaz welcome to AP.......a great friendly forum.......I'm sure you'll get something out of participating as a few members here also shoot video to complement their photography!! Nice to see another from the Northern Beaches!:D

Kym
09-07-2013, 2:49pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mary Anne
09-07-2013, 5:12pm
Hello Shaz :action66: and Welcome to AP..

Wayne63
09-07-2013, 5:42pm
Welcome to AP Shaz, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

Chookman
09-07-2013, 6:03pm
Hi Shaz,

Welcome to AP

Chook

Mark L
09-07-2013, 10:32pm
G'day Shaz, and welcome to a helpful place.

.......I'm sure you'll get something out of participating as a few members here also shoot video to complement their photography!!

And maybe some can encourage you to take photos that might compliment your videos.:)