PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone, another beginner here.

Suzie71
04-07-2013, 12:13am
Hi, my name is Suzie and I was introduced to this forum through a friend on Facebook in our Photography for Fun Group. I live in Perth, Western Australia. I have always enjoyed taking pictures but now I would like to learn how to take Photographs. I have just been given a new DSLR as a present and would love to be able to do it justice. I used to have a Pentax K100 but only every really used it in auto and now I have a Nikon D5200, it is time to really learn what it and I can do.

Thank you and take care.

Mary Anne
04-07-2013, 12:45am
Hello Suzie :action66: and Welcome to AP.. You have come to the best place to learn.
Up the top of the page click on the Library and you will find the New to Photography Book heaps of info there to read.
Post some images on the Forums for cc thats another great way to learn as members will offer advice and help as much as they can.
You will enjoy it here its a wonderful friendly helpful Forum.. :2smile:

Wayne63
04-07-2013, 5:45am
Welcome to AP Suzie, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

ricktas
04-07-2013, 6:05am
Welcome Suzie. Pull up a chair and join in. In my experience you will get more from a forum than a FB group in general, that will help you with improving your photography, but both FB and forums operate differently, so expect more advice here, some of which might not be what you want to hear. However by taking it on board your photography will improve. Whereas my experience with FB is likes and positive comments, and there is a lack of good constructive feedback with everyone wanting to be positive! Forums on the other hand tend to whilst being positive, point out the negatives and give you information on how to alleviate them in your photography in future.

So pull up a chair and join right in, and learn away.

Pobbs
04-07-2013, 7:08am
Welcome Suzy

egsolomon
04-07-2013, 7:41am
Hi Susie71,

Welcome, AusPhotography is a great place to learn how to improve your photos. So start posting. Just remember, not everyone will have the same opinion about the photos that you take, some critique will be good, some so-so, but listen to everyone, while you may not agree with their opinion, you will learn from it.

cheers

ShutterandBrew
04-07-2013, 8:23am
Welcome, looking forward to seeing your shots :)

Kym
04-07-2013, 8:53am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mark L
04-07-2013, 8:57pm
Mary Anne's post, like.
Rick's post, like.
G'day Suzie, new member , like.
:D:D

Welcome to AP Suzie.
'tis a good place to get involved and learn.
Don't be afraid to post photos, comment and ask questions (wow, I really like ....., how did you do that?).

rwg717
04-07-2013, 9:47pm
Cheers Suzie and welcome to AP......enjoy:efelant:
Richard