PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and salutations!

silmaril
02-07-2013, 12:57pm
Hi all,

A brief introduction to say hello! Came across this forum while googling information about lenses.
I'm an amateur, with a Pentax K100D Super. The cheap Sigma kit lens that came with the camera when I bought it a few years ago has stopped auto-focusing, after doing it intermittently for some time.

Decided to replace it, and have been looking into the Pentax SMC DA 18-55MM F3.5-5.6 AL II. Found it for a crazily good price at DWI, so did some more googling about whether they were a reputable seller. Several threads on here had members posting favourable reviews, so I think I'll bite the bullet and order the lens next pay day!

Cheers,
Silmaril.

ricktas
02-07-2013, 1:38pm
Welcome to AP. DWI are site advertisers here on AP, and yes there are a few threads on them. If you click on the dark green DWI in this post (and yours) when you buy, you pay no more, but we get commission, so you help keep this site online..at no extra cost to you.

Pull up a chair, join in on the forums.

Mary Anne
02-07-2013, 3:17pm
Hello and Welcome to AP.. I have bought lenses from DWI here on that green link Rick has posted above and had no problems with them.
I got lots of help by ringing the phone number in my State, they are great to do business with..

ameerat42
02-07-2013, 7:24pm
Hi Middle-Earther.
Am.

Cage
02-07-2013, 7:42pm
I had the DA 18-55 in my Pentax days.

It is a very capable lens that will not disappoint you.

silmaril
02-07-2013, 10:03pm
Thanks Mary Anne for the welcome and the confirmation DWI is ok to buy from!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks - it wouldn't take much to beat the cheap Sigma that came with my K100d Super - I bought it aware of it's extreme cheapness, because at the time I had a 28-80mm film lens I planned to use with the new Pentax, and it did alright for a spell, but wasn't wide enough for general needs.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Middle-Earther.
Am.

Here is a well-read member! Thank you for the welcome!

rwg717
02-07-2013, 10:30pm
Hi Silmaril and welcome to AP:)
Richard

Kym
03-07-2013, 9:29am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!