PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Simondipity
27-06-2013, 1:21am
It's great to join this wonderful community. I live in the inner west of Sydney and have been shooting fairly seriously for about 3 years now. I learnt to shoot almost 20 years ago, but I never connected with the film format - heresy I know. However with digital, I feel more engaged (maybe because it doesn't cost me $2 every time I press the shutter).

This past year I have been focused mainly on street photography, however, I'm starting to explore environmental portraiture and fine art portraiture/photography. As part of this I'm also starting to explore some of the less phtographic and more digital art functions of photoshop - more heresy.

I'm a Canon shooter because I think their camera bodies and lenses look cooler :) I have a 5DMkIII and a fetish for red rings. At the moment I have the 24-70mm 2.8 L (the series 1) - a great lens, but it hasn't gotten much love since I got the... 50mm 1.2 L which i have been using almost exclusively for the past year. Forcing myself to work with a prime has really developed my skills. I love the sharpness and bokkeh of this lens. Additionally, the small size of the lens makes it somewhat less confronting for streetphotography. A couple of weeks ago I bought the 70 - 200mm 2.8 L IS II. A fantastic all purpose lens that I use for action, portraiture, wild life and stalking in general ;) Despite its usefulness, fatso here is usually left behind as I can't be bothered carrying it.

My dream lens and the next lens (maybe) on my shopping list is the 85mm 1.2 L, which IMO is the prettiest lens out there. In between admiring its prefect size and proportions and that massive hunk of shiny glass at the front, I might actually shoot some portraits with it.

When I'm not shooting or processing my pictures I'm usually watching TV

I look forward to meeting you all.

S

Mary Anne
27-06-2013, 2:11am
Hello Simon :action66: and Welcome to AP.. You have some great gear there so I will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums.

ricktas
27-06-2013, 6:03am
Welcome aboard, pull up a chair and join right in, and if you only use Canon cause they look cooler, your lens is the prettiest out there, you need to get out of the house more.

ameerat42
27-06-2013, 8:04am
Congratulations on stumbling on this site, Simondipity.
Am.

Kym
27-06-2013, 9:01am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

For cool looking gear... the new :plogo: K-500 or K-50 http://www.dpreview.com/articles/7885360476/first-impressions-of-the-pentax-k50-and-k500 :D

Wayne63
27-06-2013, 9:47am
Welcome to AP Simon, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

Mark L
27-06-2013, 9:42pm
G'day and welcome S.

When I'm not shooting or processing my pictures I'm usually watching TV

Now you can turn the TV off and play here.:th3::)

Simondipity
27-06-2013, 9:44pm
Hi Hi,

Thank you everyone for you warm welcome :D I've chucked one of my older pics on the B+W CC thread for your consideration.

S

rwg717
27-06-2013, 11:33pm
Cheers Simon, nice to have you along:D
Richard