PDA

View Full Version : Martin in WA

martinx
22-06-2013, 12:15am
Evening all,

I'm near Freo in W.A. Recently bought a Nikon D7000 after years of reading and researching mostly Canon DSLRs. Very happy with the camera despite having two lenses stolen from my car (glass everywhere. . ). But I'm left with the 35mm f1.8 which I liked the most by far!

A month in and I'm still in love with it - 2500 odd shots so far. There's just too much damn light around. Most of my shots aren't any good, but I reckon I'm slowly improving. Looking forward to learning the camera inside out, and learning heaps from the words and photos of you people.

Cheers
Martin

ricktas
22-06-2013, 8:28am
Welcome Martin. Sorry to hear about the items stolen. I think you will find most of us never leave our gear in our cars, it happens all to often!

Pull up a chair and join right in.

Wayne63
22-06-2013, 9:05am
Welcome to AP Martin, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

trueblue
22-06-2013, 12:13pm
welcome martin

Kym
22-06-2013, 4:03pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

martinx
22-06-2013, 8:18pm
Thanks ricktas, Wayne, trueblue & Kym!

Nice to be here and looking forward to being able to put my oar in on competitions and even post some photos. I really should have know better parking where I did and losing the lenses. Doh! I've since got a sling-type bag that doesn't leave my shoulder..

Cheers!

Chinook
23-06-2013, 9:48am
Welcome Martin . Hope you enjoy the forum. Look forward to seeing some of your shots posted. Enjoy:)

Mary Anne
23-06-2013, 1:09pm
Hello Martin :action66: and Welcome to AP.. Looking forward to seeing what you post on the Forums.
So sorry to read about your lenses getting stolen that's terrible luck, though glad to read you still have a favourite Lens.
All of my gear is insured, and what I take away from the house is insured also as Portable on my Home and Contents Insurance.