PDA

View Full Version : k mount to eos?

paulheath
21-06-2013, 10:16pm
hi all, i have just been given a sigma 35-70 f2.8 -4 zoom master, now the guy who gave it me said he could not remember the camera it was attached to, im thinking pentax k mount, and if so anybody had any experience with the k mount to eos adaptor? or should i just fit a reverse ring on it and use for macro lol..cheers

ricktas
22-06-2013, 8:47am
You can get manual (just a plastic ring) adaptors, but you cannot get electronic ones, so the lens would need to be manually focused, fstop set etc. The plastic ones can generally be found on ebay.

I recall someone developing an electronic conversion ring a couple of years back, but not heard anything about it since, maybe it was to expensive or did not work as they hoped.

William W
22-06-2013, 2:16pm
I’ve used the Fotodiox Brand. They are metal (brass and coated), quality machining and were about $30 - $40 AUS including postage a few years ago. I can recommend those.

The Register Difference between EOS and K Mount is not much. (EOS 44.00mm) and (K Mount 45.46mm) so the adapter is slim.
K Mount lenses have an aperture pin: you need to be careful on some EOS cameras - the aperture pin can hit the mirror.
You can choose to perform surgery on the lens, to remove the Aperture Pin

If I had an AF and AE lens, such as the EF24 to 105F/4L IS USM, I could not foresee the need to ever use a 35 to 70 F/2.8~4 Sigma Lens, manually, on an EOS camera.

Inverted with a Reversing Ring, a Prime Lens (on a Prime lens) is usually better for macro work.

WW

Kym
22-06-2013, 6:41pm
Buy a Pentax body :D

extraball
22-06-2013, 8:35pm
I have an adapter, its brass coated, and confirms your manual focus with a beep. There's usually a ton on ebay less than 20bucks posted.