PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Intro

AnthonyT
21-06-2013, 1:36am
Hi,

A few years back I purchased a Pentax DSLR with the aim of doing a course or two so I could really get the most out of the camera. Life got in the way and the camera ended up sitting on the shelf doing nothing, so I sold it.

Now that I have some spare time im wanting to finish what I started. Id prefer not to have a huge heavy DSLR to carry around and have been looking at the Sony NEX 6 as it seems to be a good compromise but it seems the majority of photography courses seem to be aimed at those with DSLR's rather than an compact interchangeable lens camera like the NEX 6. So many options it all starting to get a bit overwhelming.

So im basically here to initially get some info. and advice on purchasing a camera and later would like to learn more about photography.

Cheers
Anthony

ricktas
21-06-2013, 6:20am
The interchangeable lens compacts do offer a good middle of the road option and a lot of dslr owners are getting one as their version of a point and shoot cause they offer dslr like ability. In the end what you choose to get is just that, your personal choice. These cameras are really not much different to a dslr in that you have to grasp ISO shutter speeds and apertures, and these work the same as they do on a dslr, so a dslr course would still be relevant. But our new to photography section of the site library offers you a good starting point, and it is free.

so welcome to AP, pull up a chair, join in, learn, and you might not need to spend money on a course.

Wayne63
21-06-2013, 7:19am
Welcome to AP Anthony, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

Kym
21-06-2013, 9:44am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

AnthonyT
21-06-2013, 2:47pm
Thanks for the kind welcome..

As soon as I get a camera ill be posting up pics for tips..etc

Had to visit the doctors today (flu) so I took the opportunity to visit some camera stores in city (Melbourne). I'm starting to warm to the Nikon 5200... My research continues...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mark L
21-06-2013, 9:22pm
G'day Anthony.
You've found a good place to learn, share and help others.
As Rick mentioned, the new to photography section would be relevant, regardless of the camera you have. Link to make it easy to find .... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book

Hopefully see you around AP. 'tis worth it.:th3: