PDA

View Full Version : Newbie just want to say hello

et2012
14-06-2013, 1:00pm
Hi All,

Just found this forum after searching for opinion on buying a canon 6d.
So I registered and hoping to get advices from here.

Cheers,
ET

ricktas
14-06-2013, 1:11pm
Welcome. Opinions on camera bodies will basically end up about what brand you want. As long as you stick to one of the major companies. Canon/Nikon/Sony/Olympus/Pentax and a few others you really cannot go wrong. Brand choice is up to you.

et2012
14-06-2013, 1:38pm
Thanks admin.

My first DSLR was a Nikon D50 and I'm still using it, although only handful times a year.
Just recently I heard about Full frame and intent to upgrade.
I did have a look at D600 but was put off by its dust issue.
That's why I considering change camp since I have not much investment in lenses.

Mary Anne
14-06-2013, 2:44pm
Hello and Welcome to AP.. Yes its a personal choice what ever you choose go and try them out and get the feel of the camera, that's the best thing to do.

They all get dust whatever brand, if you are changing your lenses as often as I do and shooting at f/16 and smaller for Macro you expect it, easy enough to get off in pp.
If you are only using the same lens all the time and it never leaves your camera you should not get much dust. Its best if you learn to clean your sensor anyway I did :D

ameerat42
14-06-2013, 3:42pm
Hi ET.
(ET?)
Particularly what M A said is right about dust. You didn't sway what in particular you'd mostly photograph, and how dust
might be an issue for you. What are your lenses? Are they in good condition? Do they give good image quality?
(ETc.)
Am.

et2012
14-06-2013, 4:17pm
I know dust is inevitable for DSLR. *removed - see below*

ameerat42
14-06-2013, 4:26pm
There are lots of people with all models of Nikon gear on this, and I can't recall anything like this being a MAJOR issue.
Such a mishap - in a couple of hundred shots - would be covered by the warranty, and anyway, it may not be limited to one brand.
Am.

William
14-06-2013, 4:30pm
Hi ET , Welcome to AP , This is purely an observation but I have heard of the over oiling problem before on a Nikon , Would have thought that the problem would have been fixed by now , The camera would not be faulty , As such , But it needs special attention to fix the problem ( Cleaning the sensor) And removing some of the oil from an over zelous employee with the oil can , Both companies make (Canon &Nikon) make a very good capable camera in the right hands , BTW , Canon has it's problems as well :)

et2012
14-06-2013, 5:00pm
Yeah, D600 or 6D, they both great FF cameras. In fact, I was 100% in love with D600 (more focus points, built in flash, better DR,...)

*removed - you cannot complain about products/services/companies till you have 30 days membership and 50 posts: please read the site rules*

However, I haven't made a purchase yet, still pondering on a deal on Canon AU store, $2428 for 6D + 24-105 f4L, bag, 16gb, wireless remote.

I'm thinking to sell *removed- members with under 30 days membership and 50 posts cannot discuss selling items* with the new Sigma 35mm 1.4. Is it a good idea?

Kym
14-06-2013, 6:51pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mark L
15-06-2013, 10:05pm
G'day ET.
It'll all work out fine, whatever you decide and whatever the rules say.:D
Hope you hang around AP. Good place to learn, share and help.:th3: