PDA

View Full Version : Meals for one

Mark L
27-05-2013, 6:26pm
My better half is out of town for a five day training course. So all routines go out the window for the week.
Must not get lazy with evening meals (no take away allowed!). Must cook stuff I don't often have when taking two peoples tastes into account.

Last nights rump steak. :)

ameerat42
27-05-2013, 6:36pm
I'll be around in a tick!
(Pacman icon)m.

Wayne63
27-05-2013, 7:24pm
Looks bloody good to me too :th3:

Debra Faulkner
27-05-2013, 7:42pm
Awww, I could eat that right out of the screen! Well done! I'm sure your better half will be right proud of you - just a thought - you had better take photographic evidence of all your meals for the week! ;)

Mark L
27-05-2013, 8:31pm
..... just a thought - you had better take photographic evidence of all your meals for the week! ;)

Tonight's pork rashers.

mongo
27-05-2013, 9:55pm
They both look darn good. However, each is a little naughty in its own way.

Last night's had as much butter as Mongo would be allowed in a couple of months - Mrs Mongo is very strict on Mongo's evil ways
tonight's meal has those beautiful (but slightly naughty) pork lion ribs (if Mongo is correct). Just lovely but a little over Mongo's cholesterol quota.

However, overall, they would both be rated DELICIOUS and reasonably healthy in the scheme of eating habits generally.

You don't wonder why Mongo will eat anything he can get his chops into.....!!!!!

What did you say your address was again...??

Mark L
28-05-2013, 8:11pm
And tonight;
Egg and bacon pizza.:eek:

ameerat42
28-05-2013, 9:32pm
(U shore that's not from the local "Eagle Boys":eek::eek::eek:???)

mongo
28-05-2013, 11:35pm
(U shore that's not from the local "Eagle Boys":eek::eek::eek:???)

That does it ! A Mongo can only resist temptation so much. forget all the nonsense Mongo said earlier. what's your address - he's coming over salivating !! :sc

Rattus79
29-05-2013, 9:55am
Just head to Mudgee and keep knocking on doors until a lorikeet galah answers the door...

Duane Pipe
29-05-2013, 11:07am
Lovem all Mark:th3: but that pizza looks delish, I usually have anchovy's on my ozzy though;)

Try it:th3:

ameerat42
29-05-2013, 11:18am
NOTICE to ALL APERS

MarkL will be holding FREE food-tasting at his place each evening.

SPECIAL COACHES will be provided to convey GOURMANDS and GUESTS
PATRONS are advised to repair to the middle of MUDGEE
to avail themselves of this service which will DEPART HOURLY and on the HOUR.

(Disclaimer: NO RESPOSIBILITY for subsequent health of patrons will be taken by the fare provider.)

Duane Pipe
29-05-2013, 11:31am
Is that after a winery tour am...

Mark L
29-05-2013, 8:30pm
:):)
Why is Debra the only lady to post here?
Four nights down, one to go. Bookings on Am's tour are filling fast.
Mongo is still knocking on doors looking for this galah (and his lorikeet). PM Am mongo!!
And I'm still taking a photo before I eat.

Time for more pork on my fork.

Rattus79
30-05-2013, 9:22am
That potato looks like you could fit at least another table spoon of butter on it!

Mary Anne
30-05-2013, 3:52pm
:):)
Why is Debra the only lady to post here?

Well Mark if the Ladies are anything like me they can see A Heath Attack in the making :D

Duane Pipe
30-05-2013, 3:59pm
Have you ever tried Porky Pies.

I would give you the recipe but you wouldn't believe it!!

Granville
30-05-2013, 4:28pm
Well Mark if the Ladies are anything like me they can see A Heath Attack in the making :D

This is the reason God invented Crestor and Lipitor. I say let the checmicals do their job. :o

Mary Anne
30-05-2013, 6:09pm
Who cares about chemicals YUK

Mark L
30-05-2013, 8:24pm
Thanks for joining me and my evening meals for one.:)
Started my five meals with rump steak, seems fitting that's how it ends.

And the meal's not finished 'til it's washed down with a glass of wine and a cigarette.
Suspect a heart attack may be better than cancer. :eek::eek:

Mary Anne
30-05-2013, 9:18pm
Nothing wrong with a glass of wine.. Its your body you do what you want with it.

You asked a question I being a Female answered it, if you did not like the answer well so be it.. :D

Mark L
30-05-2013, 11:13pm
You asked a question I being a Female answered it, if you did not like the answer well so be it.. :D

I was just a little intrigued Mary Anne.
Potato, pumpkin, broccoli, peas, corn, cauliflower, egg, onion, tomato and zucchini seem a little healthy. (okay, maybe the onion shouldn't be burnt :))
I have natural low levels of cholesterol and I'll bet most blokes (when their better half is away for five days) wouldn't include these in their meals, mmmm maybe.
Anyway, on to more important things.;)

Mary Anne
31-05-2013, 1:56am
Nothing wrong with the veggies Mark I eat plenty of veggies myself though I do not eat Potatoes
It the Fat and you know that , and good on you for cooking those veggies my hubby would too if I was not around.

Tommo1965
31-05-2013, 8:53am
they all look like good Blokes Tucker..and not a ounce of pasta in sight..well done sir...:).....

I dunno why pots and pans were even made after the BBQ was invented :confused013

ricktas
31-05-2013, 10:02am
Recent research suggests that high cholesterol levels are not as likely to be impacted by diet as first thought. Genetics play a major role.

Is the sink full of dishes, pots and pans now, Mark? no use wasting time on a good week alone, washing stuff up!

Tikira
31-05-2013, 10:21am
I haven't been game to look in here, because I don't want to see what a "house-trained" man can come up with in the cookery stakes- I think my man is a little "underdone" in this department :lol:

We have had naughty meal habits this week (one of our worst ever , so we are comforting ourselves with food), but I must be feeling better now as the vegies on your plates are looking great.

Di

Mark L
31-05-2013, 8:15pm
Once again, thanks for sharing in my evening meals. 'twas good to have a bit of fun.

Is the sink full of dishes, pots and pans now, Mark? no use wasting time on a good week alone, washing stuff up!

Nah, the sinks empty now. Jayne got home a few hours ago. Took her 30 minutes to do the dishes. She's vacuuming now. Reckons she's a little tired, so she'll mop the floors and wash my clothes tomorrow! :lol:

rookie
31-05-2013, 8:33pm
Mark I would get rid of all those photos because if the Mrs sees them you will be doing all the cookin from now on.:lol: