PDA

View Full Version : When charging

cupic
24-05-2013, 7:15pm
Recently I have found that when the batteries stop charging and become solid to indicate all is finish I disengage and then re-engage to make sure its
charged to 100%. When that's finished I reload the batteries and grip.Then is off the the menu and to my surprise it shows that the camera body charge is at 85% and
not 100%.All batteries are EN-EL3e and the cameras are D300s and D700.Both chargers are nikon equipment

cheers

ameerat42
24-05-2013, 7:20pm
Try not re-charging.(???)
How long has this been happening? Were they OK when new?
Is there something that drains the battery during this test?
Try to "recycle" your batteries.

Am.

I @ M
24-05-2013, 7:25pm
I have never reinserted batteries after the charge indicator has "finished" and out of 5 genuine Nikon EN-EL3e batteries and one aftermarket unit that we have had since 2005 all still perform perfectly and show "0" on the life scale.

The one thing that I have tried to adhere to in all this time is to recharge them at around the 50% mark instead of leaving them till they are totally flat.

Sometimes when a supposedly fully charged battery is put into a body it might show 98 - 95 % charged but it has never been a worry yet -----

cupic
24-05-2013, 7:26pm
I did upgarded the firmware for the D700 and D300s and both had more that 50% afterwards I checked and the battery level in the body of both where 0%
Charged the batteries and the body batteries showed solid light after less than 1hr.put them back in and show less than 100%
still shows 0 in battery life