PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone :)

eventingpony
15-05-2013, 9:13pm
Hey,

My name is Elise and I am currently living in Central West NSW. I recently started into the world of DSLR photography with a Canon 60D camera + twin kit lenses.
Unfortunately after not having the camera for long my house was broken into and all my camera gear stolen. :(

I have only just today re-purchased a camera from DWI (hoping it all goes well!) and will soon be the proud owner of a Canon 7D.

I am exited to learn how to use it and get snapping photos - about to go on holiday for a week in Cairns so will hopefully have the camera by then to attempt to take some nice photos.
I really enjoy pet/animal photography and editing in photoshop - hoping to get into editing with lightroom too, but we will just have to wait and see.

Look forward to meeting everyone, and particularly looking forward to seeing pet/animal photos and also landscapes/seascapes which I LOVE!

- Elise

ricktas
15-05-2013, 9:25pm
Welcome. Hope the new camera arrives soon and you get to start enjoying it. See you on the forums

Opus40
15-05-2013, 9:26pm
Welcome, It is a wonderful hobbie

Wayne63
15-05-2013, 10:47pm
Welcome to AP Elise, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

eventingpony
16-05-2013, 7:49am
Thanks for the welcome. Will be sure to get some photos up soon for critique and also looking forward to trying to get some shots for the competitions as well, I particularly love learning new things when trying to fit a theme. :)

Kym
16-05-2013, 1:34pm
:gday: & Welcome Back
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Staying active is easy and fun, just post an image for CC once a fortnight and
post 2 or 3 CC comments to other images in the same fortnight.

Amelia
16-05-2013, 2:39pm
hi:flowersnap:

Mary Anne
16-05-2013, 2:47pm
Hi Elsie :action66: and Welcome. Sorry to hear about your photo gear getting stolen that's terrible luck. You will enjoy your new camera
We were going to Cairns next month, though circumstances changed so we are holidaying down the southern end of the Gold Coast at present

All my gear is insured with my house and contents and the ones I take out, and on holiday have portable insurance as well
Its not too expensive and I cant afford not have it either, as you never know do you.

eventingpony
16-05-2013, 8:08pm
Have learnt my lesson not having things insured properly, don't worry!
I am excited to start posting up photos for CC and comps as soon as I get the new camera. Might pop a few ones from the 60D up to get me started on where to go to next with the 7D though. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Not sure where i fell off to when I joined last time, but will be staying around now.