PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys

DSG
07-05-2013, 4:01pm
HI!,

It has been a seriously long time since I was here. I have been busy studying and as one of my assignments I need to get some constructive critique on images produced within a digital imaging subject this semester so i thought what better place to ask than here as I know it is an active forum. The kind of critique should be things like but not limited to, use of space (pos/negative), shape, form, technique, lines and other design principles ext. I would be stoked if the forum could help me out, thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Dan

William
07-05-2013, 4:13pm
Go out and take some images for us to have a look at Dan, Good to see you back , Personally I dont care for courses , Learn from experience , No one can teach you "See" , What experience does the teacher have ?

DSG
07-05-2013, 4:18pm
Hi William,
Thanks for the welcome back. I am doing a diploma of Photo Imaging through Commercial arts training College (CATC) in the Valley Brisbane, as for the lecturers they are all working professional photographers in the commercial, wedding, documentary, and fine art genres and are extremely experienced with links through to the AIPP and griffith Uni.

ricktas
07-05-2013, 4:29pm
Welcome back.

Do you a deal! you give a heap of members some critique and then they can return the favour. So we would be stoked if you could help the forum members out and then we might just help you out, eh?

DSG
07-05-2013, 4:34pm
Haha yeah no worries Rick will do for sure :)

ameerat42
07-05-2013, 4:41pm
HI!,

...I have been busy studying...I need...some constructive critique...what better place to ask than here as I know it is an active forum...I would be stoked if the forum could help me out, thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Dan

+

Welcome back.

Do you a deal! you give a heap of members some critique and then they can return the favour. So we would be stoked if you could help the forum members out and then we might just help you out, eh?

=

"Qui docet discit" (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/qui_docet_discit)

OK, I don't mind, as long as you are not getting any unfair advantage.
Am.

William
07-05-2013, 4:44pm
Nah Dan your on the wrong track, Cant see a thing about the teachers , Probably no better than Rick and I , Or for that matter what you can learn from experience on the field or here on AP learning , Bet I can teach you more in one morning /day getting out there and doing it , I did have a look : http://www.catc.edu.au/search-home?gclid=CJqvlaiwg7cCFcQhpQodrTAAeA I'll give you the tip , Dont matter what diploma you have , Not worth a pinch of crap in the real world of photography sales , Trust me

PS : Why are they working in a training collage (The Teachers) Cause they have to , To make some money :D

DSG
07-05-2013, 4:51pm
William, I agree with you on some level, it is more a personal thing for me at the moment, maybe just being old fashioned but I feel the need to have some sort of qualification under my belt. Maybe I can take you up if you need an assistant down the coast one day :)

William
07-05-2013, 4:57pm
Give me a ring anytime , Your on , Mob 0488224825 , Would be pleased to give you an on site hand , Weekends would be better as I'm hectic in the mornings Mon/Fri getting our daily posts out :)

DSG
07-05-2013, 5:01pm
Fantastic!! I have a couple of weeks off coming up soon so I will definitely take you up on the offer!

William
07-05-2013, 5:05pm
See it's easy and free :D Will be be good to meet up and give you a hand with any problems you have - Bill :th3:

Bear Dale
07-05-2013, 5:49pm
Hello and welcome to the forum (and if you've been absent for an extended time...welcome back!) It's truly a great resource that's packed with friendly members and the best way to enjoy it is to jump in boots and all and start posting.

Feel free to ask any questions if your new (or old!) to the wonderful world of photography and taking photos.

Once again....now that you've signed up and your a new members.....the best way to thoroughly enjoy the site is to thoroughly use it!

Thanks for posting an introduction thread and introducing yourself to the community.

Kym
07-05-2013, 6:08pm
:gday: & Welcome Back