PDA

View Full Version : Is your lens "Radioactive"

William
07-05-2013, 2:00pm
Interesting thought on some new and old Lenses , Here's the story and list : http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Radioactive_lenses

Sifor
07-05-2013, 2:28pm
Surprisingly strong too.. 10 mR/h.. equivalent to having an xray every hour.... >_>

ricktas
07-05-2013, 2:49pm
COOL! glow in the dark humans. a whole new genre to get into!

William
07-05-2013, 2:53pm
@ Rick :lol::lol2: Good on Ya !!

Rattus79
07-05-2013, 3:49pm
I Had a SMC Super Takumar 50mm F:2 that should have been radioactive. It used to be quite sharp too, until I sold it on fleabay for a stupid ammount to help fund a new body.

Rick:
Do glow sticks contain harsh chemicals? if not, crack em open, and paint me up!
If so, just don't tell me!

William
07-05-2013, 4:04pm
Hmm !! On Another note , when I was at school in the 60's in our science class we had a ( How do you spell it) Geiger counter , Any watch with lumince numbers that glowed in the dark gave a really high radioactive reading as well , We were told not to sleep with them near your head , No wonder Baby Boomers are stuffed :(

wanderer51
07-05-2013, 10:54pm
......No wonder Baby Boomers are stuffed :(
Yep, back in the 60s you used to be able to buy a luminous powder that you could mix with something...can't remember what... that made it into a luminous paint. Half the plastic Airfix/Revel model planes, not to mention various other bits and pieces, in my room used to glow in the dark! At the same time I also had an elaborate chemistry set and played around with Mercury, melted copious quantities of Lead (my father was a compositor at a printing firm so I had unlimited access to Lead!), not to mention mixing/heating/burning
various other chemicals. All legal and perfectly acceptable in those days. About the only chemical I couldn't buy without my father being present was Ether which I used to make fuel for flying model planes.
So....Baby Boomers stuffed?? Perhaps some of us are, but maybe that could be a result of the illegal chemicals that some of us....errr...'ingested'!!! :crzy:

StanW
08-05-2013, 7:01am
I had a friend who, amongst the chemicals on his darkroom shelf, had a small flask of uranium nitrate.

Analog6
08-05-2013, 7:10am
I had a friend who, amongst the chemicals on his darkroom shelf, had a small flask of uranium nitrate.

What on earth would you use that for Stan?

ricktas
08-05-2013, 7:11am
A bit off-topic, in a past job I had an authority to purchase chloroform. After a while the pharmacy I went to got used to me getting it, so in I would walk and just ask for a bottle of chloroform and the pharmacist would just hand it over. I loved watching the reactions on the other customers to this. You could see them wondering if I was some sort of murderer. :p

Rattus79
08-05-2013, 8:08am
These days we just use roofies rick. :)

MissionMan
08-05-2013, 8:30am
Roofies and Chloroform are so old school. Etorphine (1000 more potent than morphine) is the new chloroform. Ask our modern day murderers like Dexter and it's the drug of choice.

You guys should watch what you say. I really hate it when second rate criminals go around spouting about chloroform and roofies. It's shows what amateurs you are. No self respecting criminal would use those these days. You people give criminals a bad name. :lol:

Rattus79
08-05-2013, 1:30pm
Remind me never to drink with you Mission Man. :D

William
08-05-2013, 1:38pm
Whats "Roofies" ?

Also at school we had access to mercury like Wanderer51 said, We used to pour it into our hands and place a "Penny" which was the size of a two shilling piece , Rub and work it for 1/2 an hour :eek: And cause it was metal it would stick to the Penny , And look like a two shilling piece , Worked great at the school canteen if you were short of money :lol2:

BTW we got caught , It wore off after a while , Mainly during the till count :rolleyes:

MissionMan
08-05-2013, 2:59pm
Remind me never to drink with you Mission Man. :D

Awww. You guys take the fun out of everything. :D

Whats "Roofies" ?

Also at school we had access to mercury like Wanderer51 said, We used to pour it into our hands and place a "Penny" which was the size of a two shilling piece , Rub and work it for 1/2 an hour :eek: And cause it was metal it would stick to the Penny , And look like a two shilling piece , Worked great at the school canteen if you were short of money :lol2:

BTW we got caught , It wore off after a while , Mainly during the till count :rolleyes:

Roofies is the date rape drug (Rohepnol). Not sure what it was originally developed for but it was mainly used for hypnosis. These days they have added a specific colour and taste to make it harder for people to slip into drinks.

William
08-05-2013, 3:15pm
Thanks mate , Was'nt up with the new terminolgy :D Sort of like Mandies

Rattus79
08-05-2013, 3:42pm
What's a Mandies?

jjphoto
08-05-2013, 5:45pm
What on earth would you use that for Stan?

You're right, I'm not Stan, but it's used for toning B+W prints.

William
08-05-2013, 5:50pm
What's a Mandies?

Something that was around in the 70's : http://rehab4addictions.com/?page_id=305

Rattus79
09-05-2013, 8:34am
Something that was around in the 70's : http://rehab4addictions.com/?page_id=305

It worries me that you know that William. ;D

MissionMan
09-05-2013, 8:37am

I'm sure there is nothing sinister. If you're really ugly like me, you have to feed yourself roofies just so you can take advantage of yourself. :lol:

Rattus79
09-05-2013, 1:42pm
I'm sure there is nothing sinister. If you're really ugly like me, you have to feed yourself roofies just so you can take advantage of yourself. :lol:

Bwahahaha!!!

It's pretty bad when even your hand falls asleep on you mate! :lol:

William
09-05-2013, 2:36pm

I got date raped in Sydney by a girl at a party :D

MissionMan
09-05-2013, 2:38pm

And you just wanted to be held?

William
09-05-2013, 2:48pm
Well sort of , I've had a very sheltered life :lol: Remember when people used to just hold hands ;)

MissionMan
09-05-2013, 2:54pm
I know the feeling. I'm tired of women looking at me like I'm just a piece of meat or a sex object. It's like they only have one thing on their mind.

Rattus79
09-05-2013, 4:32pm

Her name was Bruce and she was a delicate flower.

geoffsta
09-05-2013, 5:12pm
It worries me that you know that William.
Understandable though... William goes to the beach early everyday, just to complete the high by watching the technicolours of a sunrise. :2tan:

Mark L
09-05-2013, 8:30pm
Jeez, after reading all this, I think it might be safer to have a radioactive lens than be anywhere near some AP members.

Rattus79
10-05-2013, 8:56am
Jeez, after reading all this, I think it might be safer to have a radioactive lens than be anywhere near some AP members.

Would you like some Roofies with your radioactive lens mate? Geoff will hook you up :D

MissionMan
10-05-2013, 9:27am

Yeah. I think some members may not get an invite to the next ausphotography meet ;)