PDA

View Full Version : Course for professional photoshop editing

ginnykins
06-05-2013, 3:48pm
Hi all,

Hoping to get your advice on some good courses please? Hopefully this is the right forum to use ;)

I am looking to improve my Photoshop/Lightroom editing skills. I have a new photography business and have just entered the AIPP awards, receiving scores in the 70's (just missing out on a few silver awards!). I really would like to improve my knowledge of how to get my images up to that professional, competition standard. I am especially interested in lighting techniques and also HDR.

Can any of you recommend any good online courses, or local courses in the Sydney area for Photoshop/photo editing?

Thanks,
Virginia.

ricktas
06-05-2013, 3:52pm
Welcome. As you are entering the AIPP awards, we have upgraded you from beginner to advanced level photographer as the AIPP awards are for professional photographers.

Now re learning. Go and get the Scott Kelby books on Photoshop and Lightroom and work through them. For under $50.00 you will learn more than you will in a workshop costing several $hundred..and you can work at your own pace.

PS, hope we get to see you on the forums a bit more regularly

Rattus79
06-05-2013, 3:56pm
What Rick said x2

The Kelby Training website is very good too. Well worth the subscription fee!

kanesmadness
06-05-2013, 5:12pm
Another one for the Kelby Training here...i got his book Light It, Shoot It, Retouch It for xmas and have been pretty impressed with some of the results im getting now.

Im planning on signing up with the website and getting some more of his books

ktoopi
06-05-2013, 6:40pm
As you live in Sydney.....check out the Australian Centre for Photography's Courses. They are excellent and they have a large variety everything from camera craft 1 to photoshop to lighting and everything inbetween!! They are located in Oxford st Paddington.

I have done several courses there including the photoshop one and have loved them all.

Also if you are a landscape photographer........try Peter Eastaways online courses.

Good luck:)

ricmcd
06-05-2013, 8:17pm
* removed - please read the site rules, in particular rules 3-7*

Mark L
06-05-2013, 10:03pm
Might (or not) find this recent thread of some use,
http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?119919-Photoshop-Lightroom-Workshop

Analog6
07-05-2013, 4:15am
Peter Eastway's masterclasses (http://www.betterphotography.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&id=9&Itemid=80) are par excellence. You can sign up online or buy DVDs. he has some on landscapes and on portrait editing.