PDA

View Full Version : Hi

colindp
28-04-2013, 9:17pm
Hello all,

I'm Colin, I am 54 and have flirted with photography on and off for a number of years, I bought my first SLR camera when in my early twenties, a Olympus OM1. I just recently treated myself to a Canon EOS 600D twin lens kit just trying to get my head around all the functions etc. I guess my main interest in is landscapes and seascapes, hopefully some of my images will be good enough to make the pages of this site and perhaps you'll be good enough not to hold back on any critique of my images...I can take it!!!

Regards

Colin

r30rush
28-04-2013, 9:53pm
Hi Colin
Welcome to Ausphotogaphy :) i have been using this site for over a year and although not a regular subscriber i do find it useful and the CC very good.
Don't be disheartened if your post don't get many replies keep taking the pictures and posting when you can as they say practice makes perfect lol
a few thing's i learned here was to shoot in the RAW and get a good Post Processing software the one i use is Lightroom 4
Once again Welcome i look forward to your first picture post

Regards
DHC

colindp
28-04-2013, 10:06pm
Hi DHC ,
Thanks for the nice welcome, I have Corel paintshop pro x4 which again is taking some time to learn all it can do I'm very interested in RAW and also want to try shooting HDR which I know my camera isn't really geared up for but I understand with a few tweaks to the settings it can be done, like you mentioned practice makes perfect....I hope!!

ricktas
28-04-2013, 10:06pm
Welcome, see you on the forums

Mark L
28-04-2013, 11:30pm
G'day Colin, welcome to AP.
FWIW Canons DPP (that software that came with your camera) can do some fairly good stuff with RAW. Still all I use for PP :o.
Don't be afraid to post photos/ask questions. 'tis how we learn.:th3:

Kym
29-04-2013, 9:31am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Bear Dale
29-04-2013, 3:03pm
Hello and welcome to the forum. It's truly a great resource that's packed with friendly members and the best way to enjoy it is to jump in boots and all and start posting.

r30rush
29-04-2013, 6:18pm
I have played with HDR and i have found that peoples thoughts on HDR are a mixed bag of worms some like it some hate it, but its good fun to experiment with :)
Have a look at this for HDR http://www.picturecorrect.com/tips/hdr-photography-how-to/
Have fun Colin

Hi DHC ,
Thanks for the nice welcome, I have Corel paintshop pro x4 which again is taking some time to learn all it can do I'm very interested in RAW and also want to try shooting HDR which I know my camera isn't really geared up for but I understand with a few tweaks to the settings it can be done, like you mentioned practice makes perfect....I hope!!

Wayne63
29-04-2013, 8:20pm
Welcome to AP Colin, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your photo's in the forums