PDA

View Full Version : Photography on the Gold coast

pgbphotographytas
16-04-2013, 8:59am
Hi all,

It has been a little while since I have been on here (way too long really)

I am heading to the Gold coast next month and I am hoping to get some time to snap some photos between other commitments, if you had an afternoon free where would you head to?

Paul

William
16-04-2013, 12:03pm
What area of the Goldie are you staying (Suburb) (Nth end or South) ?

Rattus79
16-04-2013, 12:12pm
Sea or Mountains?

William
16-04-2013, 1:30pm
In answer to your question Paul , You can go to Mt Tamborine to get a mountain Sunset, Or Snapper Rocks if on the Southern end , Currumbin Rock is also OK for Sunsets, Maybe the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary at the 4.00 pm feeding if your into birds , Very colourful , Heaps of mountain streams in the late arvo light as well up Currumbin Valley , Evandale lake with the Q1 at dusk is always a goodie , Get the lift up to the 88th floor of the Q1 on the viewing deck at sunset or a thunder storm is spectacullar with lightening hitting the conductor , Your call there is heaps of possibilities on the Gold Coast , Thats the reason Greg and I asked the question of where will you be :)

Rattus79
16-04-2013, 2:08pm
or you could just go to Cavel Ave and shoot the local wildlife. It's up to you.

Springbrook NP is worth a meniton too. Natural Bridge/Arch is very popular.

pgbphotographytas
17-04-2013, 10:45am
Thanks for the information and suggestions.

I am staying near Benowa which I understand is half way between the coast and the mountains. I am still arranging the details but it looks like I will have an afternoon free but need to be back by late afternoon so within an hours drive would be excellent.

Rattus79
17-04-2013, 11:36am
Pretty much all of the suggestions are within the hours drive.

William
18-04-2013, 10:41am
Depending on the traffic , Benowa's about a 10 min drive from central Surfers :)