PDA

View Full Version : 5d m3 shutter problem!

aalex
12-04-2013, 8:34pm
Hi guys,

My 5dm3 has some sort of shutter problem. When I on the camera, it will release shutter non stop without me pressing any button. I have tried changing battery and SD card and lens but to no avail. :confused013 Need help please..thanks

ameerat42
12-04-2013, 8:45pm
A Q: IS that a problem mentioned in the "Troubleshooting" guide in the manual?
Am.

aalex
12-04-2013, 9:14pm
No. And no error code displayed. It just keeps taking pictures without me pressing any button:(

ameerat42
12-04-2013, 9:17pm
Yep. Had a look in the manual on-line. Mystery! I suspect it's a return to Canon.
Maybe someone can shed some other light.
Am.
PS. (DRAT! And the manual took a while to load, too!) I forgot to check whether you can do a factory reset somehow.

aalex
13-04-2013, 7:48am
Thanks Am. Still not functioning properly. I suspect a circuit problem within it. Its only 13 months old!! Do you know where is the best place to repair it? It is Aussie stock but I wonder if they are gonna repair it FOC as the warranty is only 12 months

ricktas
13-04-2013, 8:20am
Thanks Am. Still not functioning properly. I suspect a circuit problem within it. Its only 13 months old!! Do you know where is the best place to repair it? It is Aussie stock but I wonder if they are gonna repair it FOC as the warranty is only 12 months

Take it direct to the Canon service centre. along with receipts etc. Good luck

Warbler
13-04-2013, 8:26am
Do you have a grip fitted to it? Might be worth taking it off if you do. In any case, I'd be sending it to Canon as suggested above. Do update this thread when you get it resolved. As a 5DMkIII owner myself, I'd like to know the outcome. Good luck with it.

bricat
13-04-2013, 9:04am
Have you updated the camera? Just a thought.

unistudent1962
13-04-2013, 9:05am

You shouldn't have a problem getting Canon to repair it without any cost to you. Current Australian Consumer Law (see the ACCC) is that there is an expectation that a product should perform as it advertised to for a reasonable lifetime (or words to that effect), and that the manufacturer is obligated to repair it regardless of the warranty period (hence making extended warranties essentially a waste of money).

http://transition.accc.gov.au/content/item.phtml?itemId=1030166&nodeId=b76e0f46eb20db607e3c22ff34d194e3&fn=Consumer%20Guarantees%20Repair%20Replace%20%20Refund.pdf

A $3000+ body should be / is designed to last longer than 13 months. I have had a number of products (microwave, espresso machine, etc) repaired outside of the warranty period at no cost without too much problem. I also had Canon repair a lens that had a problem for the second time (the first time I wasn't aware of my rights and simply paid for the repair), the second time I was aware, and even though I had not proof of purchase or any other supporting documentation, Canon repaired it for free as a "sign of good faith".

Mention the ACCC,make sure Canon are aware that you know your rights as a consumer, and you will get it repaired at no cost to you. The only out they have is if it shows signs of abuse, or it has suffered "accidental damage", ie you have done something to damage it.

aalex
26-04-2013, 8:59pm
Hi guys,

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback. I have just received back my camera from canon service. Its button 2 , shutter actuation problem. They have replaced the defect pcb interface part. Cheers! :D:wd:

ameerat42
26-04-2013, 9:22pm
Good to hear. Happy shooting.:violent10::flash::flash::flowersnap::tog:

acko
02-05-2013, 9:59am
Hi guys,

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback. I have just received back my camera from canon service. Its button 2 , shutter actuation problem. They have replaced the defect pcb interface part. Cheers! :D:wd:

So are you suggesting that it was a "known problem" ?

Warbler
02-05-2013, 12:26pm
Replacing the Printed Circuit Board interface part doesn't really tell you, or us, much. Never mind, I'm sure if it is a common problem, we'll all hear about it, just not from Canon Aus. :D