PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm Nikki from Melbourne

NKG
07-04-2013, 8:33pm
I'm building a business in photography and need some help with photography release forms for adults and for their children. Can anyone give me some ideas?
Ta.

ricktas
07-04-2013, 8:40pm
Welcome to AP. So let me get this right, you join up, and straight away want us to help you. No Hello, I am a photographer who likes photographing such and such. I look forward to joining in on the forums, sharing photos, giving some critique etc? If you walked into a room of professional photographers is the above the first words you would say to the group?

Hmmmmm.

Kym
07-04-2013, 9:26pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

NKG
08-04-2013, 1:08am
Youch! Very right, my apologies! Sorry I was so direct and impersonal, I have 4 boys 7,4,2 and 11mths and am working from home building a career as a portrait photographer...ie.lifes busy and I've got more to do than time allows and so my introduction is an example of my current mindset! I used to work as a singer/songwriter, I'm a qualified child carer, have always loved photography but could never have imagined doing what I am now. I'm thrilled to have developed to the point that I now work as a professional photographer. www.lovestoriesbynicholise.com.au
My site should be finished tomorrow night, otherwise www.facebook.com/lovestoriesbynicholise has more info.
I'm a little tech shy and time poor. I use a d7000 17-55 lens which is superb plus I have a 50 mm f1:8 nikkor. I take every opportunity I can to learn. Just moved from aperture and pixelmator to Lightroom, photoshopCS6 and pro select which means my editing has slowed as I've had to learn new programs and I've barely scratched the surface. I have hit the ground running a little like a headless chook. I hate reading manuals and learn more from trial and error, I've got a lot more to learn about all things photography but am also very proud of my work. I hope that gives you a little more insight :)
Nikki

Wayne63
08-04-2013, 6:37am
Welcome to AP Nikki, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your photo's in the forums

ricktas
08-04-2013, 6:54am
Thanks for the reply Nikki. Appreciate it.

You will find there are several variants of model releases and there is not really a 'one size fits all'. However there is a great one out there for android/apple devices called 'Easy Release'. It is the one I use. You can get the model to sign straight on the iPad or tablet screen and then directly email a PDF to them from the device.

Android : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.applicationgap.easyrelease&hl=en
Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/mg/app/easy-release-model-release/id360835268?mt=8

I use these cause it is easier than carting around reams of paper, then having to scan or photocopy them to send to the model etc, if they want a copy. However, these are not Australian based apps and therefore our Laws might cause issues with the wording of them, so I would seek the advice of a legal representative for clarity in the wording of any model release you use.

for info re the site rules:

[30] Requesting/Providing Financial, Medical or Legal Advice on Ausphotography:

Australian Photography is a website with broad topic coverage. However, when it comes to medical, financial and legal advice, it's always recommended to seek advice from a qualified professional, rather than asking about it on Australian Photography. As such, Australian Photography takes no legal responsibility for posts seeking or providing Medical, Financial or Legal advice. Members use any advice provided via Ausphotography at their own risk. The site owner, moderators or members cannot be held liable for any Medical, Financial or Legal advice posted on the site.

So don't take my word or any other members words re model releases as legally binding, we are photographers, not lawyers.

I hope we get to see more of you on the forums, perhaps put up some of your photos for critique or provide some other members with critique of your own. Ausphotography is about SHARING, you will find if you are willing to help others, they will be more willing to help you.

NKG
08-04-2013, 7:43am
thank you very much for the warm welcome and for answering my question. I understand it's not legal advice. I will contribute where-ever I feel I can.