PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, Introduction from Penrith

dashtech
02-04-2013, 2:17pm
Hi all,

New member on this forum. Live in Penrith NSW.

Have been playing in photography for nearly 18 months now. Started borrowing a Canon 400D and bought a 600D a while ago. Idea was get the 600D and see if this is something i enjoy. Well I am now looking at a 5D MK III so I am enjoying it and doing well.

Looking to move more into a professional role of photography - nothing full time just a little more than showing photos to friends on Facebook :)

Have been active on the Whirlpool Forums for a long time, thought I would come over here and see what is happening on a more dedicated forum base.

Keen to meet more people around the area too, to share some tips and skills with.

Kym
02-04-2013, 2:29pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Have a read of this http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?73305-Becoming-a-Professional-Photographer

EB Alex
02-04-2013, 4:00pm
Welcome to the forums :) good to hear that you are enjoying photography, what sort of subjects do you like to shoot?

dashtech
02-04-2013, 4:27pm
Welcome to the forums :) good to hear that you are enjoying photography, what sort of subjects do you like to shoot?

Mainly landscape/sea scape work. Paid work I have been doing product photography for a local company that designs and manufactures engineering components. Enjoy pretty much anything except shooting events i.e. parties, functions and so on.

Wayne63
02-04-2013, 5:03pm
Welcome to AP, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your photo's in the forums

ricktas
02-04-2013, 5:16pm
Welcome to AP. See you on the forums

Alandme
02-04-2013, 7:50pm
Welcome dashtech, good to see someone from the riverland on the forum.

dashtech
02-04-2013, 9:36pm
Yes from the riff. Happy to find more people out this way. Was looking at some clubs and stuff to join. Start bouncing talent of like minded people.

RobbyB
06-04-2013, 10:52pm
Hi Dashtech, nice too see the numbers out west are growing. Hope to see some photos soon, cheers.