PDA

View Full Version : G'day from Newie

kaehlys
25-03-2013, 7:26pm
Hello (:

Freshly joined at the recommendation of a colleague I bumped into today. I live in Newcastle NSW and work full time in the telecommunications industry. My photography habit tends to wax and wane a little but it is something I definitely love and should spend more time on.

My first 'real' camera was a Canon EOS 300. After a while shooting with that (and taking rather a shine to slide film) I upgraded to a 5D. I've slowly accumulated a nice selection of lenses and dabble with landscape, pets, flowers and macro. My heart belongs to macro though. I've always been very observant and fascinated by the intricacies of natures - many so small they're largely overlooked. I still enjoy photographing flowers but I tend to find myself more on the look-out for critters these days, particularly bees, though I'm happy to photograph anything that will sit still long enough and appears to be harmless (even spiders - meep!)

My 5D Mk III arrived on Friday and I took her out for a spin Saturday morning with some great results (courtesy of two unusually complicit dragonflies). I have a long, long way to go learning how to drive this new beast and am very much looking forward to learning how to get the best out of my gear, and myself.

ricktas
25-03-2013, 7:28pm
Welcome to AP. See you on the forums

Rob
25-03-2013, 8:17pm
Great camera & look forward to some shots

Wayne63
25-03-2013, 8:20pm
Welcome to AP, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

bricat
26-03-2013, 6:47am
Welcome. It is a great site with plenty of information cheers Brian

rookie
26-03-2013, 8:23am
:gday::action66:

Kym
26-03-2013, 8:28pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

EB Alex
27-03-2013, 8:24pm
Scar-non mate!? Lookin forward to seeing some pictures!