PDA

View Full Version : Computer photographers

Bear Dale
19-03-2013, 10:13am
Has the digital era changed photography much more than was ever possible in the darkroom?

Is more done to the image now after the click of the shutter than ever before?

How many of your photos would make the grade printed straight from your camera?

Has the digital era contrived the Computer Photographer?

MissionMan
19-03-2013, 10:59am
If you're shoot JPG, then obviously it's possible because the camera applies some processing to the image, but if you're shooting RAW, it's almost impossible to do as the image always appears washed out.

William
19-03-2013, 11:06am
Yep agree with Mission Man, Jpg's I'd have no worries getting printed SOOC , But, I shoot in RAW and would prefer me doing the processing , Rather than the camera and some technicians Algorithym :)

Rattus79
19-03-2013, 11:36am
Good film shooters do their best artwork in the darkroom

My darkroom just happens to be digital.

fillum
19-03-2013, 12:46pm
Has the digital era changed photography much more than was ever possible in the darkroom?Most definitely.

Is more done to the image now after the click of the shutter than ever before?Absolutely.

How many of your photos would make the grade printed straight from your camera? Depends what is meant by "the grade", but probably not too many :(...

Has the digital era contrived the Computer Photographer?I don't think so, not yet anyway. You still need to get some things right in the camera, not every mistake is fixable in pp. Although it's probably only a matter of time.

The real question in my opinion is does any of this matter? Should we care?*

*(Not withstanding news photography etc where images need to be an 'accurate' portrayal of what's in front of the camera).

Cheers.