PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Cairns

FNQPhotographer
17-03-2013, 4:43pm
Hi,
I'm new but not new to photography. It's my absolute passion. It consumes my thoughts everyday but i seem to lack on places to go and things to challenge me. I'm also a rather shy person so I don't get into people/portraits. I much prefer landscape, wildlife, nature, macro, product stuff. But don't get me wrong, I would love to try and work with people. I tend to get candids more so than poses.

I don't know if I'm actually any good. I say I'm intermediate because I know how to use my camera. I use the Manual mode about 99% of the time and I have a diploma from a photography course. I have also been a finalist within a photo comp and one of my rodeo images on the front cover of a tablelands "one-off" magazine.

I'm a graphic designer by trait. Have been for about 15 years and photography is just a hobby. I am currently unemployed and looking for work, not necessarily in design because it's pretty slim in this region. With two mortgages, I'll take anything right now.

If anyone's got any places of interest to take photographs in my area that'd be great. I would love to get a year membership at the Cairns Zoo or something but I have to limit myself on costs of things.

Ok, well I think I've covered everything? If not, ask away.

Cheers!

Wayne63
17-03-2013, 4:58pm
Welcome to AP, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

Kym
17-03-2013, 5:00pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mary Anne
17-03-2013, 5:49pm
Hello and Welcome to AP.. I have just replied to one of your Posts about your Pet Frog.
This is a very friendly Forum and there are a few Members from your area on here they will be able to help with places of interest.