PDA

View Full Version : OpTech Strap

jim
03-03-2013, 5:48pm
Well, my camera was sitting on a desk this morning, and I stepped back to make way for my wife and touched the camera strap with my finger. Heard the tiniest snick, and saw the strap snapped in two. Ulp! Just thinking what would have happened if I'd been using it to carry the camera. Needless to say I'm appalled. Just 21 years and four cameras and the thing snaps like a twig.

Think I'll get myself an UpStrap. Apparently they're robust.

Just kidding, 21 years isn't a bad effort I think, but still it's a bit scary, what with it carrying a new camera and all.

Roosta
05-03-2013, 11:28am
Money well spent mate.

fillum
05-03-2013, 12:50pm
Reminded me of that old story about the monastery at the top of the sheer cliff, where the only access was to be pulled up by rope. After noticing the somewhat poor state of the rope one nervous visitor asked "When do you replace the rope"? "Oh, when the old one breaks" came the reply. :eek:

Cheers.

Rattus79
05-03-2013, 1:56pm
Yep. That was lucky!!

I reccommend getting an over the shoulder styled strap. (one that connects to the tripod socket rather then the strap thingys on top of the camera)
The Camera hangs at your waist upside down and is in easy grabbing, while not being in the road and leaving your hands free for other things if necessary. Won't be in the road when you put your camera on a tripod, because it's still around your neck and is easier to get on and off your neck too!
Also the padded shoulder strap is a must for me!

Something like one of these:
http://www.digitalcameragear.com.au/shop/camera-accessories/camera-straps/blackrapid-rs-5-camera-strap

jim
06-03-2013, 5:08am
Update on this, I did order the UPstrap. It's ugly but looks strong.