PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Northern NSW

Testie
28-02-2013, 11:18am
New to most aspects of photography but I have done lots of reading and will try anything(well I even read the manual. I am using a Canon 650D with kit lenses? 18-55 & 55-250. I am interested in Classic car and landscape photography but am trying a bit of macro. I have a reverse ring and extension tubes, some filters but next a decent tripod as the "cheap" one failed last night. Luckily I still have reasonable reflexes even thought I retired last year, no damage done to camera!:o
Hope to learn from the forum.
Col.

Alandme
28-02-2013, 12:04pm
Hi Testie,
First of all, welcome. Yes you do need a good tripod. Glad you didn't damage the camera. I use a carbon fibre tripod for it's light and solid. My family history is in Uralla and I still have a few relatives there and around the region. I want to go out Gostwyck and shoot the old church in flower but I never seem to get the time to do it. Hope to see some of your photos soon.

Tikira
28-02-2013, 12:17pm
Hi Col
Welcome from another couple of Armidale-ans. We look forward to seeing some of your work soon. Armidale is spectacular in Autumn and we can't wait to see the trees turning so we can get out for some autumn shots.

I hope you join in and contribute to the forum, it is the best way to learn, and maybe we can see you around Armidale sometime soon
Wayne and Di

Kym
28-02-2013, 1:10pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Testie
28-02-2013, 4:11pm
Hi Col
Welcome from another couple of Armidale-ans. We look forward to seeing some of your work soon. Armidale is spectacular in Autumn and we can't wait to see the trees turning so we can get out for some autumn shots.

I hope you join in and contribute to the forum, it is the best way to learn, and maybe we can see you around Armidale sometime soon
Wayne and Di
Is that the Wayne that I used to play squash with?

Rattus79
28-02-2013, 4:25pm
Welcome Col,

Since when did Armidale become Northern NSW??!! Still a few good hours drive from the border!! :)

Tikira
28-02-2013, 4:36pm
Well Col, he does play squash, so I guess you are right.:cool:

Greg, we are now Northern NSW since they got washed further into NSW:lol:

Di

Testie
28-02-2013, 5:26pm
Greg, two hours odd to Qld boarder, six odd to Sydney, right in the middle of Northern Tablelands, so if you forget the coast then I am in Northern NSW:lol:

Wayne we will have to talk.:)

ricktas
28-02-2013, 6:34pm
Welcome to AP

Wayne63
01-03-2013, 7:20am
Welcome to AP Col, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing you around the forums

Tikira
02-03-2013, 10:00pm
Hi Col, Yes we will definitely have to catch up. Good to see you have taken up a great hobby. It can be less exhausting than squash, although looking at where some of the photographers on AP get to maybe not.

We enjoy landscape work as well and there are some nice locations around Armidale.

Wayne

Roddy3030
02-03-2013, 11:28pm
Welcome Col.
Lots to learn here. CHeers