PDA

View Full Version : new to it all.. sort of

dancro
24-02-2013, 10:05pm
hi,

im pretty new to SLR photography. i currently have a 550D with the kit lenses, and will eventually expand my equipment. Right now im looking for motivation to get out a little more and spend some time learning how to take the best pics with what i have, and learn from what more experienced people are doing.
i look forward to seeing what is around and learning as much as i can. :)

Mark L
24-02-2013, 11:23pm
G'day dancro.
Plenty to learn here, you'll find more learning if you ask about things and general get involved.

Right now im looking for motivation to get out a little more and spend some time learning how to take the best pics with what i have, ...... :)

Join in this years members challenge http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?181-Member-Challenges-52-2013 the sticky at the top will give you a list of weekly themes to photograph.

rwg717
25-02-2013, 12:01am
Hi there and nice to have you along:)
Richard

Mary Anne
25-02-2013, 12:02am
Hello and Welcome to AP.. Post some images on the Forum for cc that's the best way to learn.

ricktas
25-02-2013, 6:06am
Welcome. Show us how you make that 550D work for you!

Wayne63
25-02-2013, 6:22am
Welcome to AP Dancro, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

dmaynard000
25-02-2013, 9:41am
Hi Dincro.

Welcome. The world of digital SLR's is quite fantastic. I upgraded from 35mm SLR to digital in 2009 and have been having lots of fun. I acquired Photoshop soon after. I recommend you acquire some form of photo editing package. Something like Photoshop will take some time to develop the skills to use it effectively but I highly recommend putting the time in to develop those skills. There are plenty of post processing tools available now, even on i Pad or tablet which are very easy to use and produce excellent results. So knock yourself out and have fun.

Kym
25-02-2013, 10:21am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!