PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself to the group.

Unicorn
24-02-2013, 7:29pm
G'day From Trevor (Unicorn) in Armadale, Western Australia. I am an old guy (be 73 in a couple of months). Born in New Zealand but came to Australia permanently 1986. Photography has been my passion since I was given a Model C Box Brownie for a 13th Birthday in 1953. Photography has taught me a couple of things. No use having fancy gear if you don't know how to use it. Professionals take photos to please other people while ammeters take photos to please themselves. Photography should be enjoyed otherwise you are doing something wrong. I always listen to other photographers, I may not act on what they tell me, but I always listen. You see when I was 13 I knew everything, now 60 years later know next to nothing (or so the young ones keep telling ,me). That's all from me folks, now you know all bout me. :lol:

ameerat42
24-02-2013, 7:39pm
:gday: Unicorn (Trevor). Jump on the AP ark.
Am.

ricktas
24-02-2013, 8:40pm
Welcome to AP Trevor. Looking forward to seeing some of your photos, whether you took the advice or not!

Kym
24-02-2013, 8:52pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mark L
24-02-2013, 11:30pm
G'day and welcome to AP Trevor (Unicorn).

..... No use having fancy gear if you don't know how to use it. Professionals take photos to please other people while ammeters take photos to please themselves. Photography should be enjoyed otherwise you are doing something wrong. .....

I certainly hope you enjoy and get involve here.:)

Mary Anne
24-02-2013, 11:59pm
Hello Trevor :action66: and Welcome to AP.. You are not old, in body maybe but I bet your mind is as active as any young person.
With 60 years of photos somewhere I will look forward to seeing what you post on the forums then :2encou:

Wayne63
25-02-2013, 6:20am
Welcome to AP Trevor, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums