PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the other side of the planet.

Minky
13-02-2013, 9:37am
Hi,

this is Ming-Hua from the Netherlands. I found this forum as I was looking for info on a "camera error" problem with the Sony A55. A problem I'm having right now. i joined to reply on a thread but also because I'm curious to see what is going on with photography in Australia. I've backpacked in Australia sixteen years ago on a working holiday visum and the country has a special place in my heart. So it's always good to hear from it.

As to photography, first time I held a SLR was when I was ten or so but I never got serious at it (i.e. only to make pics of scale models and holiday pics) till a few years ago when I got my Sony A300. Sony as I used Minolta in the past and still had stuff lying around that could be used. I'm now using an A55 (or I would be if it was functioning now) as well as the Sony Rx100 which doesn't cease to amaze me.

Subjects, do a bit of everything but the subject I like most is abstract as well as film noire style pics. I'm sometimes organizing phototrips for the local photographers as well as presentations.

Ok, all for now.

Bye,
Ming-Hua

Wayne63
13-02-2013, 9:45am
Welcome to AP Minky, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

Mary Anne
13-02-2013, 1:45pm
:gday: Minky :action66: and Welcome to AP.. We are a friendly lot of Folks here and I hope you will be able to find an answer to your problem.
And I will be looking forward to seeing what you post on the Forums, especially if its your beautiful country..

Kym
13-02-2013, 7:58pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mark L
13-02-2013, 8:20pm
G'day Ming-Hua. :)

......... I'm sometimes organizing phototrips for the local photographers as well as presentations.

If you find AP a good place to be, maybe you can get some of your local photogs to contribute here also.
Hope to see you around the forums.:th3:

Minky
17-02-2013, 12:00pm
Hi, thanks for the welcome all. Hope I get around to post some stuff here soon. :)

Bear Dale
17-02-2013, 3:23pm
A very hearty welcome to AP, jump in and have fun!

:) :) :)