PDA

View Full Version : Question about eglobal

TREVOR
28-01-2013, 10:55pm
Just wondering about this company I can't seem to find we're it is based at and what is there warranty like, is it canon warranty or what they call the grey market...
I am buying several items within the next couple of weeks and they seem well priced, just don't want to be caught out

Wayne
28-01-2013, 11:00pm
They are HK based and offer their own warranty on Canon and Nikon bodies, and Canon glass (Nikon glass still carries worldwide warranty) 12 months warranty through their contracted repairers in various Australian locations.
They are reputable, I have spent a fair bit of money with them.

ricktas
28-01-2013, 11:45pm
eglobal are one of the Ausphotography site advertisers, Check out the site advertisers forum, as there are several threads that members have started about how their purchases went etc.

tarwoona
29-01-2013, 10:35am
HI,
I've bought small bits and pieces off them and never had an issue.

geoffsta
29-01-2013, 11:31am
They are pretty good. Didn't have any troubles when I bought from them.

TREVOR
29-01-2013, 12:46pm
Thanks for everyone's comments, I was reading on another post that when buying from overseas you have to pay gst and duty charges when you pick it up so that has put me off a bit from buying from here. As I am looking at spending a bit of money and according to the government site it adds up to about $800 in extra taxes. What is the best place to buy within Australia?

Wayne
29-01-2013, 1:57pm
Trevor, Contact eglobal regarding shipping, it will be a worthwhile discussion I assure you.

ricktas
29-01-2013, 2:51pm
if you do go with eglobal Trevor. Please feel free to click through from the links on AP, cause though you pay no more for your items, AP gets some commission on your order..and it all helps to cover the site running costs.

Starvin Marvin
31-01-2013, 1:17pm
Hi Trevor, if you go with eGlobal...you won't pay import tax. I didn't when I bought my Canon 5D mk3 through them...but send them an email about your concern and they can explain why that is.

Doktaduck
13-02-2013, 11:57am
Just FYI Trevor.

I just bought my 85mm lens through eglobal (hope Rick got the click through payment) and I must say I am very happy with their prices and delivery. I ordered on a Monday afternoon (Aus time) and had it on my desk Thursday. Delivery price was steep in my mind, but the fact that it came so fast and was well packaged made up for it. Also the Price+postage still came in cheaper than other stores.