PDA

View Full Version : Sunset in Pitt Street Sydney

Darey
26-01-2013, 5:23pm
I was very tempted to post this shot in the "Street Photography" POTW competition currently being run.

I am sure if I did it would be disqualified because the subject is a reflection, in a bus stop advertisement, of our site member "Sunset" (Vanessa).
This shot was taken a couple of years ago on one of our AP shoots.

I hope you like the shot.

NikonNellie
26-01-2013, 5:47pm
Almost looks like a composite image Greg. Not sure about the photographer on the right of the image - maybe try it without them but then I guess it does give a little perspective to the story behind the image. Missed you at our last meet! :(

I @ M
26-01-2013, 6:14pm
What's not to like about it? :th3:

A good combination of street and abstract to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, didn't realise that you had posted it in the NFC section. :o

Darey
26-01-2013, 7:28pm
Narelle,
Your right, that ugly photog on the side of the shot should be removed, it is actually a reflection of me taking the shot. :p
I would have loved to be on the last shoot but I forgot we had asked friends over for dinner that night. At least I have plenty of light painting toys to try out next time.

Andrew (I @ M),
Thanks for your very encouraging comments.
I thought that too many site members would recognize Vanessa and then remember that I took the shot, that's why I didn't put it in the comp.

NikonNellie
26-01-2013, 9:29pm
Greg, I don't remember you taking the shot. Heck, I don't even remember what meet it was!

The venue for our latest LP meet proved to be very popular especially with the portrait photogs amonst us. I would like to organise a portrait shoot there with the possibility of us putting in some funds for a model - unfortunately Chris and Gill are in England for another year. In the very least, we will have another LP meet there. :)

Mark L
26-01-2013, 10:49pm
Oh is not in the comp.!
Don't mind you in the photo. A little more of the tree to the left may have added and confused more. Just a thought, not CC.

raccoon
27-01-2013, 10:40am
I like it. It is very busy but the picture keeps your interest. See you next meet