PDA

View Full Version : ANZANG rules - NOT cool!

Kym
14-01-2013, 6:20pm
This sux!
http://www.anzang.samuseum.sa.gov.au/index.php/page/10.html

49. All entries become the property of the Organiser.

jim
14-01-2013, 8:44pm
Well, I certainly won't be paying $38 to give away one of my photos. But I have to say last year's winners were generally superb, so obviously not everyone has a problem with it.

fess67
14-01-2013, 8:49pm
It always amazes me how many of the organisers of these sorts of events / competitions have clauses that mean the photographer signs away rights to their work just for the priveledge of entering. Not that I would be good enough but I cannot see me entering any comp that has those sorts of terms attached.

Doktaduck
15-01-2013, 1:08pm
Reading that, it seemed to me that they were only claiming the rights to use the image in relation to promoting the competition.

Under rule 30, it seems fairly defined to me...

and then re-iterated under rule 33 that any use outside of the defined use in rule 30 would be after contact with the photographer..

][/SIZE]33. If the Organiser or AG wishes to make any use of an Entry that is not permitted under rule 31, the Entrant will be contacted and given the opportunity to negotiate any such usage with the parties concerned independently of the Competition.

(Rule 31 just states that the photographer gives usage permissions outlined in Rule 30 for 2 years from the winner being announced)

Edit: which all seems pretty fair to me. :)

ice
15-01-2013, 1:17pm
A lot of competitions do that now I've found! It's basically free marketing for them.

Feg
30-08-2013, 7:16pm
Its not bad if your work is selected and published in the book which has just happened to me.I know a lot of people who wouldn't mind seeing there work out there.Better than locked up on a hard drive.

geoffsta
30-08-2013, 7:44pm
31. Each Entrant grants the Organiser and AG a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence in each Entry throughout the world in all media for the uses described in rule 30 for 2 years following the date of announcement of the winners
I said before, and I'll say it again.... Bugger Off

ricktas
30-08-2013, 7:54pm
If you check the rules now, the rule 49 has changed. Remember this thread was started 8 months ago. Looks like someone had a word in the organisers ears

Kym
30-08-2013, 10:14pm
Its not bad if your work is selected and published in the book which has just happened to me.I know a lot of people who wouldn't mind seeing there work out there.Better than locked up on a hard drive.

And you lose all rights? Hardly worth it

Analog6
31-08-2013, 5:41am
Whatever it now says, if they expect me to pay to enter, then it's rude to want to own my image. I wouldn't enter.

Shelley
31-08-2013, 10:11am
I looked at rule 49, it doesn't say that. I have an image in 2012 and 2013, the are in the book 2012 and one coming out this year. I think because Australia geographic is a major sponsor. I was remiss and didn't see that, I am not overly perturbed, but will check it again if I enter again.

Still happy to make their exhibition this year.

Kym
31-08-2013, 8:36pm
Looks like the rules were changed :th3: