PDA

View Full Version : Photography related things that happened to me today

xxdrakexx
12-12-2012, 11:16pm
It started off with TAFE graduation my teacher is telling other people don't worry about photos Jim is doing the photos then after that we had a light lunch when I'm holding my DSLR camera and a lady with a point and shoot camera walks up to me and asks if I can take a photo for her so I say yes and then she try's to tell me what button to push :2hiam: then she looks at the photo and says that's a grate photo :lol2:

Then tonight i got home from S.E.S and i checked Facebook to see that a photo i uploaded last night of some clouds over my house was liked by the local real estate long story short i now work for the real estate taking photos:D

what a day i had lol

fess67
12-12-2012, 11:37pm
LOL - I had a slightly different experience. I was asked by the local theatre group, I am a member, to take photos for their recent show. I duly arrive with studio lights, backdrop, 2 cameras, one assistant (wife). I set up, do test shots, call for the cast, arrange the shot and then as I am lining everything up - I am in the viewfinder ready to press the button - my view is blocked. I lift up from the camera and there is a woman (part of the club) stood in front of me with an Ipad. She happily snaps a couple off and then turns to me and says "you can carry on now"!!! LOL I was very dark on that one.

Congrats on the new real estate gig - get yourself a wide angle lens and tripod if you do not already have them. :)

Greg Johnston
13-12-2012, 12:02am
Congratulations on getting the job. Way to go!

Tikira
13-12-2012, 8:51am
Great day all around Jim,you are obviously doing a lot right in Coonamble.:tog:

Fess, I am glad to see you have two camera's and only one wife, it could get ummmm, difficult if it were the other way round.:2smilSS:
Di

Kym
14-12-2012, 7:38am
So the real estate market is booming in the thriving metropolis of Coonamble? WOW!!! :2biggn:

Great news!! For R.E. You might want to get a wide angle lens. The Sigma 10-20mm is well regarded and ~$450.

Edit: eGlobal (site sponsor) (http://www.eglobaldigitalcameras.com.au/) has the 10-20 for $359 http://www.eglobaldigitalcameras.com.au/sigma-10-20mm-f4-5.6-ex-dc-hsm-lenses.html

kleinpark
16-12-2012, 4:17pm
Congrats on your new job offer Jim :tog:!!!
Hope you get lots of jobs :2smile:

Ionica
16-12-2012, 5:07pm
:wd: . and congratulations.:2smilS: