PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated

ncarr
09-12-2012, 10:39am
:2mad:Frustratingly making my mandatory post to secure access to the site.... again!

cale
09-12-2012, 10:42am
Welcome back stranger. lol

Tommo1965
09-12-2012, 10:44am
you need to visit more often and contribute...5 posts in two years aint really being part of it....let the frustration go and give it away

ricktas
09-12-2012, 11:06am
all it takes is one post every 90 days to stay active, if that is frustrating, then sorry. How about actually joining in and contributing?

ncarr
09-12-2012, 11:12am
Thanks for the insight Tommo.
I come hear to learn because I know sweet FA.
What would you have me contribute?

- - - Updated - - -

Just saying, I very much doubt that there is much I could ask thats not already covered in existing posts so Im generally just happy to go scrolling through existing threads to find my answers but due to the sites 90 rule, when I come to look for stuff generally, I've been blocked.

ricktas
09-12-2012, 11:13am

Photos for a start. If you put some up for critique then you will learn from other members who will tell you what you need to do to have improved the photo. If everyone did what you do. come along, post once every few months and nothing else, I might as well close the site down. You are blocked cause you do not contribute. The site is free, but it is aimed at rewarding active members. GIVE and TAKE?

ricktas
09-12-2012, 11:21am

You have been a member since 2010, so if you know sweet FA then what you have been doing for the last 2 years obviously isnt working. Try a different method..join in!

Tommo1965
09-12-2012, 11:24am

- - - Updated - - -

Just saying, I very much doubt that there is much I could ask thats not already covered in existing posts so Im generally just happy to go scrolling through existing threads to find my answers but due to the sites 90 rule, when I come to look for stuff generally, I've been blocked.

mate..im not being a smart arse too you...but just saying if you wanna be in the game you have to post..good or bad ..it makes no difference, but when others see that you contribute to a forum, you tend to get a higher quality of posts if you asking questions or posting your images

you have been a member about as long as me...and there's still much I don't know ..but it don't stop the occasional post or CC to members images that they take the time to post for us, also don't worry about asking a question that's already been asked..everybody does that ! ....I guess Im saying.."jump in the waters Great"

I expect the forum access is denied after a long absence of posts due to the fact that a forum is a two way street and the management here wants givers as well as takers

Mark L
09-12-2012, 10:22pm
Welcome back.
Show me a photo that you're not so happy with and if I can't help you do it better next time, I'll gamble someone else here will! Anyway ....

Kym
10-12-2012, 7:14am
:gday: & Welcome

Staying active is easy and fun, just post an image for CC once a fortnight and
post 2 or 3 CC comments to other images in the same fortnight.

peterb666
10-12-2012, 7:24am
You have been a member since 2010, so if you know sweet FA then what you have been doing for the last 2 years obviously isnt working. Try a different method..join in!

Rick, I think that is a bit harsh and not exactly encouraging.

To the OP, I have introduced a few people to AP over the years, and I know that many would prefer to look in rather than be an active part. It isn't hard to be involved. Maybe provide some feedback on photos posted by others, say what elements you like and why, maybe ask how something was done. Have a go at least posting once a month or fortnight to start with.

Good luck.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

ricktas
10-12-2012, 7:40am
Rick, I think that is a bit harsh and not exactly encouraging.

To the OP, I have introduced a few people to AP over the years, and I know that many would prefer to look in rather than be an active part. It isn't hard to be involved. Maybe provide some feedback on photos posted by others, say what elements you like and why, maybe ask how something was done. Have a go at least posting once a month or fortnight to start with.

Good luck.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

The sweet FA comment was in response to the OP stating those exact words (I quoted him). If after having an interest in photography for 2 years (at least, based on his join date), the OP still knows that much, then something is amiss about his learning methods. My post was just to suggest he look at changing his learning methods to help him learn more readily and thus improve his photography. If you look back at his past posts, I have encouraged him and tried to help him with a camera issue he had (which we never found out if it was resolved). There comes a point where it is frustrating to try and encourage people when their worst enemy is themselves. It may be a bit harsh, but sometimes harsh is what is needed to jolt someone into action. Some people are pandered to, too much, and need a direct approach to help them.

PhotoPaul
10-12-2012, 8:52am
Your best bet is to post up some photos mate. I've been a member here since 2011 and by contributing I've learned quite a lot.

I've still got a long way to go. I've become much more accomplished on the technical side of the camera now so I can concentrate on composition more, which is where I'm lacking. This has all been through posting pics, people looking at the exif data of the shots and giving advice, and then going out and trying that advice. Also, I've learned a fair few post-processing tips from contributing photos as well.

Even if you can't contribute much CC wise, that's ok. I find I can't contribute much that way as I'm really not sure how to explain things just yet, however when I can help, I do. You don't have to do much.

Best of luck mate.

ncarr
11-12-2012, 12:45pm
I will try to contribute more actively in future and I will definitely post a shot to the site soon.
As for the lens Rick, thanks for your suggestions at the time. It was actually broken and I had it replaced under warranty.

dredi1975
11-12-2012, 1:40pm
I really do not understand your frustration, you accept the rules when joining in, simple as that, just follow the rules and you won't be frustrated,

Tommo1965
11-12-2012, 2:41pm
I will try to contribute more actively in future and I will definitely post a shot to the site soon.
As for the lens Rick, thanks for your suggestions at the time. It was actually broken and I had it replaced under warranty.

Nice one mate :2smile: